Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
sschefer
    Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:44 pm

Has anyone had a chance to check one of these out yet? It looks like it might bridge a power gap that I know I fall into. Pricing is tough to figure, I haven't found an online reseller yet but I'm still looking.
Highly skilled at turning expensive pieces of metal into useless but recyclable crap..
anthonyfawley
    Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:58 pm

I think these are multi voltage machines. Works on single phase 480 240 and 208. wich means it will run on only 2 legs of a 3 phase system. I have a old lincoln idealarc hooked up this way 480 volt single phase. the voltages on the machine might say input voltage 208/230/380/400/460/1/3/50/60. These are made so you can use them anywhere. Is this what you have? let me know.

Anthony
sschefer
    Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:44 pm

anthonyfawley wrote:I think these are multi voltage machines. Works on single phase 480 240 and 208. wich means it will run on only 2 legs of a 3 phase system. I have a old lincoln idealarc hooked up this way 480 volt single phase. the voltages on the machine might say input voltage 208/230/380/400/460/1/3/50/60. These are made so you can use them anywhere. Is this what you have? let me know.

Anthony
Thanks Anthony. I wish I had 3 phase in my shop. It's not even on the pole :cry:

Actually, the Invertec 311-T is Lincolns new Inverter TIG. I've seen the video and read the info on Lincolns site but was looking for someone that might have had a chance to try one. I've sold my Lincoln precision TIG 225 and I'm in the market for an Inverter. I'll probably buy a Everlast 250EX and a bottle of 80/20 and call it good but I never know what I'm going to do half the time.
Highly skilled at turning expensive pieces of metal into useless but recyclable crap..
ogorir
    Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:04 pm

I'm looking at this machine right now, too. baker's has it online: http://www.bakersgas.com/LINK2915-1.html

I'm going to see if I can try one out from the LWS in the next few months.