Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
pro mod steve
    Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:47 am

Got a dynasty on 115 right now I drag it all over the shop and to side jobs on weekends I use it for tig only. The 115 works great for the side jobs but I would like to use 230 in the shop to get the full potential from the machine without changing the plug on the input cord all the time. I called Miller and they don't offer anything but said it could be done. Any suggestions?
gurew
    Thu May 06, 2010 2:54 pm

the dynasty works on 110, 220, single phase and works on all 3 phase voltages also...just wire it up :)

black/red to both hot's green/white are ground/neutral

i have quick turn style plugs for my welder..a male on the welder itself with a very very short amount of wire to make it easier to move the welder. then i have "whips" with a female on each and the other plug is a male of whatever its for...be it 110, 220 3 prong, 220 4 prong quick turn etc..., about $200-300 at home depot would get you setup with all the quick connect pieces you need...i can take pics of mine if you want
PeterTocewicz
    Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:14 am

The manual for the new 200DX I just picked up says that the red is used for 3phase only, tape it back to the power cord when hooking it up to 1phase (110V or 220V). The Autoline uses white for neutral when hooked up to 110v and for hot when hooked up to 220V, when it senses power coming in on it. Black is hot and green is ground in all hookups. That's how I did mine.

I put a standard 6-50 welder plug on mine since it will mostly be used in my workshop, and then made adapters for other plugs which I'm likely to come across in my mobile work, using a 6-50 receptacle and a 30A twistlock plug as a master. The adapters for the other plugs have a twistlock receptacle on 1 end to hook up to the master and the required plug on the other.
Remi
    Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:09 am

Hi,

Mine is wired on a 380v 3phases plug with L1,L2,L3 (White,Black, Red) and Ground.
Like PeterTocewicz I've made an adaptor, on which the female 380 tri plug's L1 & L2 are wired on a 220V plug's hot & neutral, of course kept grnd on grnd.

Hope this helps...

Remi