Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
revkev6
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:24 pm

hey bill, I just bought the 225lx myself. I should be getting it tomorrow. I'm happy to see another beginner to the tig welder that is using the same welder I am. I'll be able to judge my progress! I hope you keep posting as you practice it's nice to see your consistency increasing already. I have a guy here at work who is a certified welder that is supposed to come by once I have it set up to help me with the basics. I'm like a little kid with this thing, my christmas list is about 90% welding supplies lol.

what do you have for a gas tank?? tungsten? are you happy with the unit so far??
WILD BILL
    Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:03 pm

Welcome aboard.

I have to say over all I am very pleased with this machine. I will admit that I am kinda wishing it had a higher pluse speed than 20 per sec but it's a little late now. :mrgreen:

I picked up a 125 CF bottle for the tig. 100% argon. I started with the cheap Harbor Freight tungsten. It's junk. Don't waste your time or $$$$

I then picked up some 2% thoriated. Not bad but I like the 2% lanthinated I'm using now. It holds up real well and I find myself resharpening less and less as I get better.

IMHO it's a great little machine.
Everlast 225LX
featherhead
    Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:42 pm

Hey guys,

I recently found the site and got psyched up again about some aluminum tigging. Decided to paly around a bit with Jody's practice drill. Including some pics below.

Syncrowave 200, 1/8" 6061, 150 AC amps, continuous mode, 3/32 ceriated tungsten, #7 cup, on a gas lens setup, 17 cfm. 3/32" tig rod
Attachments
003.JPG
003.JPG (194.1 KiB) Viewed 953 times
002.JPG
002.JPG (201.81 KiB) Viewed 953 times
001.JPG
001.JPG (198.58 KiB) Viewed 953 times
sschefer
    Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:44 pm

Wild Bill, go over to Everlast and check out my post on the Foot Pedal... It litterally turned my 250EX around 180 from what it was. Even the down slope works right now.. or rather, it doesn't work with the foot pedal and you can back it down with the foot pedal clear the the HF start if you need to. The design is exactly like the low profile Lincoln and I no longer feel like I'm in a Capt. Morgan commercial when I'm tiggin at my bench.

The post is over at www.everlastgenerators.com in the forums under TIG Welding. It'll tell you how to get one and how to wire it up to a 250EX.
Highly skilled at turning expensive pieces of metal into useless but recyclable crap..
WILD BILL
    Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:03 pm

Steve,

I have been following that post Image

I did realign my foot pedal and it made a ton of difference. I wonder if the plug and wiring locations would be the same between your EX and my LX Image

I recently won a Weldcraft WP 20 on E Bay for $66. I'm currently waiting on the adapters to get it hooked up and then I need to get some sort of water cooler for it.

Even though I haven't gotten it hooked up yet I can tell it will be much more comfortable to weld with.

featherhead,

I'ld have to say your weld beads are looking alot better than mine. Image
Everlast 225LX