Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
dirtmidget33
    Tue May 13, 2014 5:22 pm

Oscar wrote: Great info. Oh, and BTW, challenge accepted! :twisted:
Thanks. Confused on the challenge part, do you mean about collecting tig rod to be able to weld anything.

As far as the 318 tig rod it does exist. Do not know actual uses for it just googled it

Lincoln PDF link
http://www.lincolnelectric.com/assets/g ... Si-eng.pdf

Lincoln link does not want to go directly to when I copy it. Don't know why but
Click consumables at top pick tig. then select LNT on left brings up list open up stainless and there it is LNT 318 si

http://www.lincolnelectric.com/en-gb/Co ... c_EU_Base)
why use standard nozzles after gas lens where invented. Kinda of like starting fires by rubbing sticks together.
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

dirtmidget33 wrote:Thanks. Confused on the challenge part, do you mean about collecting tig rod
Yeap, thread revival. I spend most of the day yesterday making more PVC tubes for my tig rods....so far, it's not looking good. BUT, I do need to run to Lowes and pick up more stuff, lol. All stuff I've been collecting since 2009.

exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

Oscar has it bad :lol:
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
kiwi2wheels
    Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:27 am

'Better to have, and not need, than to need, and not have.'

Franz Kafka.

Its not that bad, most of those are not full :lol:
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

kiwi2wheels wrote:'Better to have, and not need, than to need, and not have.'

Franz Kafka.
That's how I justify the 200# of tools I carry for a cross-country trip. They've saved my arse more than once, too.

Steve S
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

Otto Nobedder wrote:
kiwi2wheels wrote:'Better to have, and not need, than to need, and not have.'

Franz Kafka.
That's how I justify the 200# of tools I carry for a cross-country trip. They've saved my arse more than once, too.

Steve S
If you didn't carry around that many tools you wouldn't have to replace the shocks and suspension on the side of the road Steve. :lol:
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick

I replaced a front wheel "unit bearing" on my '01 Dodge Ram in the parking lot of an AutoZone 400 miles from home on a Sunday because I had my tools.

I also had a front brake pad fall the hell apart and go metal-on-metal in Melbourne, Florida while I was on a business trip in a Chrysler LeBaron. The guys who sold me the new brake pads took pictures of me changing it out in the parking lot in my khakis and dress shirt. They were also nice enough to turn that rotor down to the spec limit (and perhaps a little beyond) so I could get back on the road.

I don't go more than 50 miles from home without tools. Under 50, I'll get a tow.

Steve S
Farmwelding

I know a truck driver who got a call from a customer one time and as he got the call he was crawling out under a truck after replacing his transmission on his semi in a parking lot 500 miles from home. Over 2 million miles on the rig and he hauls all sorts of farm machinery.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Nick

The Boy Scout's motto. Be Prepared.

The horn repairman's motto. Beep Repaired. (That appeared as a cartoon in Boy's Life Magazine about 1976.)

:roll:

Steve S
Farmwelding

Otto Nobedder wrote:The Boy Scout's motto. Be Prepared.

The horn repairman's motto. Beep Repaired. (That appeared as a cartoon in Boy's Life Magazine about 1976.)

:roll:

Steve S
That's why I always carry at least my leather man and usually another knife or two or three. Pliers, screwdriver, scissor, knife-everyone is always surprised or impressed or glad I have it. Especially at school ;)
Nick
dirtmidget33
    Tue May 13, 2014 5:22 pm

Oscar wrote:
Yeap, thread revival. I spend most of the day yesterday making more PVC tubes for my tig rods....so far, it's not looking good. BUT, I do need to run to Lowes and pick up more stuff, lol. All stuff I've been collecting since 2009.
LOL never stops does it. So Oscar how many TIG tubes you up to now and what alloys you stocking. I haven't added any in a long time. Unfortunately due to some physical health issues haven't been doing much lately.
why use standard nozzles after gas lens where invented. Kinda of like starting fires by rubbing sticks together.
Artie F. Emm
    Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:53 am

Otto Nobedder wrote: ...the 200# of tools I carry for a cross-country trip. They've saved my arse more than once, too.
Good on ya. I sometimes get grief when we have to pack around a tool bag I keep in our road-trip vehicle. But somehow I never get grief when I use the tools to fix something. (A slow drain, and Mom's icemaker on this last trip.)
Dave
aka "RTFM"

dirtmidget33 wrote:
Oscar wrote:
LOL never stops does it. So Oscar how many TIG tubes you up to now and what alloys you stocking. I haven't added any in a long time. Unfortunately due to some physical health issues haven't been doing much lately.
I think it's close to 20, but I haven't finished yet. Mild steel 70S2/80SD2, 308/309/312/316/347 stainless, aluminum 4043/4943/5356, silicon bronze, Super Missile Weld, Inconel 625, Hastelloy W/X, Titanium Grade 5/23. Why I have this stuff, well...I have no answer, lol.
Fly
  • Fly
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:07 am

You redneks keep America rolling! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fly
Farmwelding

Fly wrote:You redneks keep America rolling! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fly
You call this redneck? This ain't nothin. It gets far worse. Trust me.
Nick

I counted my tubes yesterday....28.... :shock: ......still have to make more for my aluminum rods since they don't fit in the smaller 1-1/2" PVC, not even in 2" PVC. Had to buy 3" sch40 PVC, LOL. Damn low density aluminum.

With that tig button that I just got, I am definitely getting the itch to revive some projects on the back-burner. Work is killer though, so it's gonna be a tough time to balance it. But at least I have 2.5 months off for summer. 8-)
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

Gosh Oscar...I've heard of prepping before but I thought it was about survival, not welding :lol:
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.

exnailpounder wrote:Gosh Oscar...I've heard of prepping before but I thought it was about survival, not welding :lol:
Welding is life! :lol:
    Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:24 pm

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh. You guys drive me crazy with that nice setup :(
if there's a welder, there's a way