Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
chicomon
    Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:19 am

Any one have or know about a accustrike welding helmet, it looks like a good idea but I'd like some feed back . They are $101.43 freight included. I emailed to find out wt. 20 1/2oz , I think my Elite is 181/2 so, not so far off I tried to find out how much the extra lenses would be with shipping & he /they must have been confused 'cause he said 5.25 & that he could put 30 lenses in a flat rate envolope. Man , it took me 3 emails to get that info , weird. I was told I could go through dealers but that they would just call him & get their % so I should order extra when I get the helmet. I still don't know how much for a lense. There is one large clear one, one shaded on the flipper,& one clear on the face of the helmet. I gave up .I'm a new guy to the forum been welding for 30 years I make gates & reailing & do art?? stuff . Just got a tig from (here comes the part you'll hate) Everlast. So far so good say tuned on the learning part I'm really bad at this tig thing. Call me chico , it's a nick name hope you latino arn't affended, cause I'm a graydude.
Rugar
    Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:40 pm

Nothing wrong with having a Everlast TIG. Several of us on here use them. I have a 250EX. A GOOD auto darkening hood is the way to go for TIG.
Millermatic 251
Spectrum 300 Plasma
Everlast PowerTig 250EX
Everlast PowerCool W300
Harris/Victor OA
Craftsman 13 Speed Drill Press
ProTools Air/Hydraulic Bender
48" Brake
Compressor, Notchers, Grinders, etc.
Ji Gantor
    Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:38 am

The Millers digital elite is a great helmet for TIG welding.
They do cost a bit more but are worth it.
You can adjust them for just about any use in the workshop.

Ji
Grip It and Rip It
chicomon

I agree , the elite is a great helmet , I know I have one . Some times when the lenses start to get a cloudy, & even if you windex them & the light is a little dim, late afternoon rainy ect, not the finest lighting in the shop it is hard to see the line. I saw these helmets called accustrike on a you tube vid & wanted to know if anybody has one or knows if someone has one . If you read my post you will see that I already knew these things you guys answered. I guess what I'm saying is if the reply doesn't pertain to the question asked then don't reply. cheeks
Rugar
    Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:40 pm

You might want to go to Welding Web to get your question answered. With your attitude, you will fit right in!
Millermatic 251
Spectrum 300 Plasma
Everlast PowerTig 250EX
Everlast PowerCool W300
Harris/Victor OA
Craftsman 13 Speed Drill Press
ProTools Air/Hydraulic Bender
48" Brake
Compressor, Notchers, Grinders, etc.
chicomon

I knew that would get some feelings hurt, sorry just wanted the info on the flipper helmet,& nothing else. My son in law hates these forums because of people not reading your post or even if they do it doesn't matter 'cause they are going to give you their op anyway. Like if you ask a q about a Dodge truck the come back is something like" your frist problem is you should have bought a chev or ford"or whatever. So I just wanted the info on a accustrike I've already got a speedglass & a Miller So I'll back outa here for now maybe later after I adjust my attitude. Merry
chris.... oops I mean Happy hoildays, ha,ahh,.aha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha see all better now
Ji Gantor
    Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:38 am

Hi Chicmon,
I have seen the helmet you refer to being used before but have not used it before myself.
Hope you find what you are looking for.

Ji
Grip It and Rip It