Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
cjohnson98
    Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:21 pm

Hey guys I need some feedback on this, this rim was curbed and was about halfway flattened around a quarter of this rim. The person asked if I could just do a build up in one pass. This rim is cast aluminum, just wanted some feedback and some tips! Thanks!
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (99.72 KiB) Viewed 443 times
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

Hope you have good liability insurance if that rim ever fails.
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
    Thu May 07, 2015 11:46 am

Looks like a Cobra Mustang wheel. Is it going to be machined again and repainted? Did you use 4043 or 5356 wire on it?
Freddie
    Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:30 pm

I hate dealing with the internet safety inspectors and the liability nazi's when ya post. I certainly don't mean to be one but I wouldn't do this job and have a paper trail back to me. That being said. Frequency 100 or a bit higher for a focused arc, I feel that helps when doing build up vs a low frequency that produces a wider arc therefore a wider bead. Small sharp electrode with as little cleaning action as possible as still allow for a clean puddle. That will depend on how clean the cast is and your surface prep.4043 if it's a dirty casting and 5356 if it's a clean casting. IMHO.

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk