Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
cripftw1
    Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:27 pm

i just bought a tig 200 square wave brand new ,problem is im welding .060 square tube even at 10 amps it blows a hole the size of a dime just tapping the foot control even with 15 - 25 cfh of argon .anyone have this problem ?
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Dig into your manual, and find "start mode".

Set your machine for soft start.

Start mode determines initial amps when the arc starts, regardless of your settings. Soft start is the lowest setting for initial amps.

Steve S
cripftw1

ive look over n over i dont see a setting for start arc amp .
cripftw1

lincoln tech said the machine is broke and need to sent back .just my luck :evil:
Dcstang67
    Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:16 am

Sounds like it may be in DC mode instead of AC

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
soutthpaw
    Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:14 pm

cripftw1 wrote:lincoln tech said the machine is broke and need to sent back .just my luck :evil:
Seen several people report infancy failures with this specific machine. So if it's any consolation, You are not the only one. From those who have taken their machine to a service center, No spare parts are available yet so you will probably just get a new machine.

Sent from mobile. Not responsible for Typos
DSM8
    Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:09 pm

Start your arc on a copper spoon then move onto your weld material, one way to work around this issue. I had to do that on some thinner stainless since I am using a 30+ year old Miller for my Tig welding.

Subtle like hammer, reliable like rock.
soutthpaw
    Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:14 pm

DSM8 wrote:Start your arc on a copper spoon then move onto your weld material, one way to work around this issue. I had to do that on some thinner stainless since I am using a 30+ year old Miller for my Tig welding.

Harbor freight sells a good copper spoon cheap too.
I think Jody actually use one of them in a couple videos. Money well spent for sure.
DSM8
    Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:09 pm

soutthpaw wrote:
DSM8 wrote:Start your arc on a copper spoon then move onto your weld material, one way to work around this issue. I had to do that on some thinner stainless since I am using a 30+ year old Miller for my Tig welding.

Harbor freight sells a good copper spoon cheap too.
I think Jody actually use one of them in a couple videos. Money well spent for sure.
That is where I got mine, for the money it cant be beat.
cripftw1

so its been since april 10th and still dont have a tig 200 that works ,thought everyone said lincoln stood behind there products .i paid good money for a welder and get china freight service . :evil: :evil: :evil:
Rituchim
    Mon May 02, 2016 12:33 pm

cripftw1 wrote:i just bought a tig 200 square wave brand new ,problem is im welding .060 square tube even at 10 amps it blows a hole the size of a dime just tapping the foot control even with 15 - 25 cfh of argon .anyone have this problem ?
had the same problem once with an old welder although i bought mine used. hobart 350 acdc

in short it was like the pedal had no amp control... i would light up on a something like a 10amp arc and when i started to press the pedal even the slightest touch it was like all hell broke loose. (kinda like pocking a bear a few times and feel safe and than he turns on u) :) it actualy burned a hole in a 15 mm alum.

the problem was only the pedal. when i set the machine with the hand swith it work great.

try working with the switch for now at 50 amp. if its ok than u know where the problem is.
if not......(we say here "paint it in blue and throw it in the water") i hope its the pedal... that way u just get a new one plug & play
cripftw1

in the end it was a bad power board thanks