Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
    Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:06 pm

Has anyone tried this filler out? It really looks to good to be true, no preheat required on the cast iron, plus the companies web page shows copper, cast iron and steel all tig'd together with their filler rod.
ajlskater1
    Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:32 am

I have never used it but Mr tig did a video on it and it seemed to work well. I forgot what it was he welded but it was a rather long Crack in a cast iron piece and he didn't preheat and it didn't crack after welding. Seemed like pretty good stuff
gamble
    Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:10 pm

I have it. Tried it a few different times on cast iron and on dissimilar metals. Cracks every time.
This stuff is crap
    Fri May 27, 2016 11:00 am

I have not tried it but i have watched a couple of videos on it and you're not supposed to weld more than 3/4 to one inch at a time and you are supposed to let the part cool off completely before doing the next inch.
If that's the case then it's the technique and probably not the filler.
Raymond
Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT
    Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:48 pm

I also tried this filler wire on two welding jobs. both cracked instantly.
Tyler
motox
    Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:49 pm

i dont understand how a particular rod
and replace preheat and slow cool..
craig
htp invertig 221
syncrowave 250
miller 140 mig
hypertherm plasma
morse 14 metal devil
noddybrian
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:13 pm

Never seen this particular rod but when I was at college it was always said you can use pure nickel in very short runs cold - I prefer to weld anything crack sensitive hot & slow cool but there are times that is not possible / practical so I assume that is the purpose of the rod - not sure how effective it is in any given situation.
    Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:14 am

Ad Claims!

If it sounds tooo good---------?? ;)
Everlast 250EX
Miller 250 syncrowave
Sharp LMV Vertical Mill
Takisawa TSL-800-D Lathe
Coupla Bandsaws,Grinders,surface grinder,tool/cutter grinder
and more stuff than I deserve(Thanks Significant Other)
Tom Osselton
    Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:33 am

ajlskater1 wrote:I have never used it but Mr tig did a video on it and it seemed to work well. I forgot what it was he welded but it was a rather long Crack in a cast iron piece and he didn't preheat and it didn't crack after welding. Seemed like pretty good stuff
Was that the one where he repaired a leg on a base for a boiler for Jay Leno?