Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
AKmud
    Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:47 am

Does anyone know where I can find replacement 3/32" gas lens for the stubby kit Jody sells in the store? I don't want to buy another complete kit just for the 3/32" lens.
Rick_H
    Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:50 pm

AKmud wrote:Does anyone know where I can find replacement 3/32" gas lens for the stubby kit Jody sells in the store? I don't want to buy another complete kit just for the 3/32" lens.
CK sells stubby lens, they come 2 per pack. Is this a #20 style torch or #17 torch?
I weld stainless, stainless and more stainless...Food Industry, sanitary process piping, vessels, whatever is needed, I like to make stuff.
ASME IX, AWS 17.1, D1.1
Instagram #RNHFAB
    Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:16 am
    Near Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania. Steel Buckle of the Rust Belt

Mud,
CK #4 series, I buy from Weldfabulous.com mostly, but LWS should be able to get them for you. Go to CK Worldwide's website for the number, which I believe would be 4GL332, just not 100% sure.

Len
Now go melt something.
Instagram @lenny_gforce

Len
Troy Boy 72
    Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:22 pm

Mud
Len is right CK 4GL332 IS THE PART #

I pretty sure 4 series is for the stubby set ups to suit 17, 18, 26 style torches e.g. CK 4GL332
3 series is for standard set ups to suit 17, 18, 26 '' '' e.g. CK 3GL332
2 series is for 9 and 20 style torches e.g. CK 2GL332

I get my stuff from Weldfabulous as well and from memory when you click on one of the CK products there is a click here link to CK for series and part # . Hope this helps .
Cheers Troy
dirtmidget33
    Tue May 13, 2014 5:22 pm

I get mine from usaweld not on website but they stock them just call or email them.
why use standard nozzles after gas lens where invented. Kinda of like starting fires by rubbing sticks together.
'Stang
    Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:12 pm

AKmud wrote:Does anyone know where I can find replacement 3/32" gas lens for the stubby kit Jody sells in the store? I don't want to buy another complete kit just for the 3/32" lens.
Pretty sure Jody has the replacement parts in his store now. Saw a bunch of replacement stuff there the other night.
AKmud
    Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:47 am

Thanks for the help guys. My 1/8" GL feels like fine tuning a watch with a 2# sledge.
Troy Boy 72
    Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:22 pm

Hey Stang,
Thanks for letting us know that Jody is now selling these extra items much appreciated
Cheers Troy
HELacey
    Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:40 pm

AKmud wrote:Thanks for the help guys. My 1/8" GL feels like fine tuning a watch with a 2# sledge.

I feel the pain. I work with primarily stainless .125 and thinner, and I'd die with a 1/8" gas lens!
Cold beer and cash money!
'Stang
    Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:12 pm

Troy Boy 72 wrote:Hey Stang,
Thanks for letting us know that Jody is now selling these extra items much appreciated
Cheers Troy
Welcome! I usually like to support my LWS, vs the online places. But, Jody's store is different. I have learned a lot from his videos, and I try to help him support his habit. And I am going to have to order some of the replacement parts for my stubby kit!