mig and flux core tips and techniques, equipment, filler metal
PeterM
    Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:17 pm

I know you can weld Aluminum with Mig from seeing videos. I have been looking at machines and even the Miller and Lincoln high end machines are only DC. How do they do Aluminum without the cleaning action of AC?
Thanks, Peter.
Coldman
    Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:16 am

Aluminium mig is done with DCEP (electrode positive) which is the cleaning cycle used with AC tig.
Flat out like a lizard drinkin'
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

And it is still necessary to have cc/cv to run the wire at a constant current/voltage otherwise mo doesn't function like it should at all.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
Coldman
    Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:16 am

Don't understand what that was about. Mig is a constant voltage process. Therefore current must be varying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Flat out like a lizard drinkin'
PeterM
    Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:17 pm

Thanks.
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

Sorry coldman was right. I mistakenly put cc/cv and constant current. The brain got itself mixed up. Constant voltage os still required for mig but constant current is for gtaw and smaw.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick