mig and flux core tips and techniques, equipment, filler metal
tberg
    Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:04 am

Hi everyone. I'm trying to find a spool gun for my esab multi master 260. I've searched on eBay and found that the St23a is very expensive. Was wondering if anyone has used a different gun on this machine and if so were do I find it. This is my first welder and I'm not exactly sure how to look this stuff up. Also would a shorter gun with a teflon sleeve and a set of aluminum drive rollers do the trick for now? Any input would be appreciated. :) Thanks Tom from toga ny.
If I doesn't fit, force it. If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway.
tberg

ImageImage
tberg

So after more research my question has changed. Lol. Will any 8-pin amphenol spool gun work? Or even a 8-pin control adapter to change the pin connection?
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

You have to find the 8 pin that is for your machine. Different brands sometimes use different 8 pin connectors. Even if they are the same size they may use a different pin configuration. Sometimes the manual will tell you what the pins are used for and then you can cross referance if there interchangeable.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
tberg

Thanks Josh. I may have found the one I need on eBay. Hopefully no one out bids me. Lol