mig and flux core tips and techniques, equipment, filler metal
bob1948
    Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:11 pm

Are the Lincoln and Hobart Mig welders that are sold at the big box stores the same quality as the ones in the welding supply shops, Looking at a Lincoln Easy Mig 180
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

The big box stirs generally sell mornehomeowner grade welders that have lower amperage, duty cycle, or less features. For the home hobbyist, big box store welders are just fine. If you want more amperage, settings, digital control, or a better duty cycle then look at a welding supply store.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
ryanjames170
    Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:46 pm

Farmwelding wrote:The big box stirs generally sell mornehomeowner grade welders that have lower amperage, duty cycle, or less features. For the home hobbyist, big box store welders are just fine. If you want more amperage, settings, digital control, or a better duty cycle then look at a welding supply store.

i can second this.. my soon to be replaced metal man FC125 is no where near as hot as my cousins Auto Arc 130 (rebranded Hobart) and there both rated at the same output..

if your on the cheap i would get a hobart
Welder/Fitter
RM Fab & Products

Lincoln Invertec V300 pro
Miller 54D Wire Feeder
Miller 2E DC Welder Generator
Everlast Power IMIG 200
Everlast Power ARC 200ST
Klutch Plasma 275i Plasma Cutter
Hobard/Smith Oxy Torch using propane.
soutthpaw
    Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:14 pm

You can order online from the big box stores and get more choices of brands and machines.

Composed with Swype on mobile. not responsible for typos.