mig and flux core tips and techniques, equipment, filler metal
OzFlo
    Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:16 pm

After doing much window shopping I finally pulled the trigger and bought myself an Everlast MTS251Si.. but it's still in transit from the supplier.. Gotta love the wait.. :(

Flo
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

Now you have stalk your deliveryman. Post up some pics when she arrives!
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
Artie F. Emm
    Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:53 am

Congrats on the new machine! The waiting is the hardest part- I might have checked the delivery routing page about a thousand times. :D
Dave
aka "RTFM"
    Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:38 am

Congrats Flo!

I'm going to have to Google that. Mind you, I'm already jealous...I only have 220 amps at my disposal by comparison.

Looking forward to pics and your thoughts on the machine.

EDIT - Okay, have Googled. Nice! Lots of grunt, Mig/Tig/Stick, and has a user interface very similar to my Metalmaster 215. I find this type very intuitive and easy to use. You are gonna have so much fun with your green machine!

Kym
OzFlo

Still waiting.. It was supposed to be delivered to my office by 5pm yesterday (Friday here in Oz) arvo but alas! no joy. Hopefully Monday.. Now I just need to organise some Co2 and some wire..

Does anyone plumb separate Argon and Co2 cylinders via a T fitting or Y fitting to achieve mixed gas for MIG?
OzFlo

exnailpounder wrote:Now you have stalk your deliveryman. Post up some pics when she arrives!
Haha! I have been! And I will for sure.. I'll just have clean up my garage because it's a right mess!

Artie F. Emm wrote:Congrats on the new machine! The waiting is the hardest part- I might have checked the delivery routing page about a thousand times. :D
Ain't that the truth!! I have done the same thing!
MosquitoMoto wrote:Congrats Flo!

I'm going to have to Google that. Mind you, I'm already jealous...I only have 220 amps at my disposal by comparison.

Looking forward to pics and your thoughts on the machine.

EDIT - Okay, have Googled. Nice! Lots of grunt, Mig/Tig/Stick, and has a user interface very similar to my Metalmaster 215. I find this type very intuitive and easy to use. You are gonna have so much fun with your green machine!

Kym
Well I have the Alupulse 210 which is great little machine for my needs but the MTS251Si was a good price compared to the 210 Amp Synergic MIG from Token Tools and was a stack cheaper than the comparably spec'd 250 Amp pulse MIG from TT also. And having 250 Amps should be ample for anything that I will throw at it in my garage.
toomuchfuel
    Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:41 am

I assume it's arrived by now?

I'm considering the same machine, primarily due to its pulse mig functionality for doing aluminium.

Had looked at ESAB caddy 200i for portability or Lincoln 200C but unsure whether they'll cut it for ali grunt of about 3 or 4mm

Let me know your opinions about it
soutthpaw
    Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:14 pm

toomuchfuel wrote:I assume it's arrived by now?

I'm considering the same machine, primarily due to its pulse mig functionality for doing aluminium.

Had looked at ESAB caddy 200i for portability or Lincoln 200C but unsure whether they'll cut it for ali grunt of about 3 or 4mm

Let me know your opinions about it
Aluminum MIG can be done without pulse.

Composed with Swype on mobile. not responsible for typos.
    Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:22 am

You know,

I've often thought that for a MIG welder, especially one who might want to use a spoolgun on aluminum, it would be advantageous to just have 100% Argon and 100% CO2 bottles, to blend between 10-25% CO2 for short-circuit and spray arc transfer on mild steel. And, of course, 100% Argon is for the aluminum, and 100% CO2 can also be used for MIG. But, I believe 10% CO2 is ideal for spray arc, and 25% CO2 for short-circuit. And, you probably wouldn't need an expensive gas mixer to approximate these blends with a Y-gate and a couple of one-way valves too.

Otherwise, that 251Si unit sure looks like a winner. Check out this gal rockin' one with a spoolgun on aluminum to some Aussie Rock.

OzFlo wrote:Still waiting.. It was supposed to be delivered to my office by 5pm yesterday (Friday here in Oz) arvo but alas! no joy. Hopefully Monday.. Now I just need to organise some Co2 and some wire..

Does anyone plumb separate Argon and Co2 cylinders via a T fitting or Y fitting to achieve mixed gas for MIG?
Peace be with you all,
Christian Livingstone
www.youtube.com/newjerusalemtimes

Everlast AC/DC 210EXT (2015)
CAT250D DC-TIG/Plasma Combo