mig and flux core tips and techniques, equipment, filler metal
ryanjames170
    Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:46 pm

dose anyone know how good welds can be made with Flux Core on AC output current?
Welder/Fitter
RM Fab & Products

Lincoln Invertec V300 pro
Miller 54D Wire Feeder
Miller 2E DC Welder Generator
Everlast Power IMIG 200
Everlast Power ARC 200ST
Klutch Plasma 275i Plasma Cutter
Hobard/Smith Oxy Torch using propane.
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

Would not recommend. Mug and flux core being wire feeding processes both require direct current.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
ryanjames170
    Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:46 pm

Farmwelding wrote:Would not recommend. Mug and flux core being wire feeding processes both require direct current.
oh the reason i am asking is due to my Metal Man FC125 having a AC output current and i am kinda wondering if that is why it kinda welds poorly ie compleat lack of peneration on anything thick.
Welder/Fitter
RM Fab & Products

Lincoln Invertec V300 pro
Miller 54D Wire Feeder
Miller 2E DC Welder Generator
Everlast Power IMIG 200
Everlast Power ARC 200ST
Klutch Plasma 275i Plasma Cutter
Hobard/Smith Oxy Torch using propane.
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

I mean I guess if that's all you got than I guess just don't weld anything that is structural. I mean if your welding up something that weighs a pound sure but oh we than that you probably shouldn't. Lack of weld quality on anything thick or thin.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick