mig and flux core tips and techniques, equipment, filler metal
ODIS
  • ODIS
    Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:36 pm

I decided to update my welding this fall, after welding on a 100 amp Lincoln since 98 with flux core mostly I pulled the trigger

on a Hobart 210. I need to put a 220 50amp service in my garage but in the mean time I have about 10lbs of .035 flux core that I will use on 110.

I'm curious about what I should get for a dedicated gas bottle for the machine, I already have a 40 that has a bit of argon left that I used with the lincoln but I was wondering if I should get a co2 to use with the new Hobart for the heavier welding that I intend to do with it?
ryanjames170
    Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:46 pm

ODIS wrote:I decided to update my welding this fall, after welding on a 100 amp Lincoln since 98 with flux core mostly I pulled the trigger

on a Hobart 210. I need to put a 220 50amp service in my garage but in the mean time I have about 10lbs of .035 flux core that I will use on 110.

I'm curious about what I should get for a dedicated gas bottle for the machine, I already have a 40 that has a bit of argon left that I used with the lincoln but I was wondering if I should get a co2 to use with the new Hobart for the heavier welding that I intend to do with it?

probaly the best gas and what will be on the chart will be C25
Welder/Fitter
RM Fab & Products

Lincoln Invertec V300 pro
Miller 54D Wire Feeder
Miller 2E DC Welder Generator
Everlast Power IMIG 200
Everlast Power ARC 200ST
Klutch Plasma 275i Plasma Cutter
Hobard/Smith Oxy Torch using propane.
ODIS
  • ODIS
    Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:36 pm

[quote]probaly the best gas and what will be on the chart will be C25[/quote]There seems to be plenty on the chart that comes with my welder on use of co2 in the metal thickness I'm interested in. I'm not worried about spatter and am most interested in penetration and something cheaper than buying flux core. I will have a second bottle for c25 to use with lighter gauge steel.