mig and flux core tips and techniques, equipment, filler metal
Mousegun
    Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:15 pm

Been looking for a new Mig welder (and possibly a multi function welder) and posted some questions on the "General Shop Talk" page but since my primary use is Mig I'll ask here for opinions.
Original Thread: http://forum.weldingtipsandtricks.com/v ... =2&t=10837

I'm kind of interested in the Everlast PowerMig 275P http://www.everlastgenerators.com/produ ... i-mig-275p

It has plenty of power and a good duty cycle, has pulse mig, spot timers, burn back and arc force control. Also does DC stick. I would like to be able to do spray transfer Mig so the 275 should handle that well.

Everlast also makes a 250 Si that does Mig, stick, & DC Tig. (less expensive than the 275P) but I'm not a tig welder and not sure I need it. To do spray transfer I'd be at the top of it's voltage range so I'm not sure that would work well.

The 275 is at the top of what I'm willing to spend. They have it up on amazon for $1800 free ship. I called to ask about optional equipment and they offered to sell it for $1850 with welder cart and free ship. Not a fancy cart by any means but I will need something to move it around.

Looking for a few more opinions....Anyone have experience with the Everlast machines or recommendations for other models /brands?
    Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:22 am

Here's a link to a thread of a guy who just bought a 275P, and seems to really dig it already. He is adapting his somewhat though.

http://weldingweb.com/showthread.php?66 ... ost8056741

He's doing a cool aluminum skiff build project with an Everlast 325EXT too.

http://www.everlastgenerators.com/forum ... #post60022
Peace be with you all,
Christian Livingstone
www.youtube.com/newjerusalemtimes

Everlast AC/DC 210EXT (2015)
CAT250D DC-TIG/Plasma Combo
getherdone
    Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:34 pm

In the same boat as you eyeballing and researching this Everlast machine...have not yet seen much feedbkack The 275 unlike the 250 from memory takes full size spools - will save you money over time if you burn through allot of wire.

If you could go to a transformer the Lincoln PowerMig 250amp machine is well priced. I need to be able to move and transport so rules out for me. Also a heavy transformer, the HTP Mig 240 is quite capable of spray transfer - and very competitively priced for a simple but solid machine.

Another advantage of the 275p is it has a port for a push/pull gun. BUT- No feedback on it online, and despite multiple attempts can not get an answer out of Everlast if/when this is available/photos etc. California, are you listening? But then again, their hold message still speaks of 'new for 2014' products...so....I'm not holding my breath for an answer.
Lincoln Power Mig 210MP
Everlast Power TIG 185
Hypertherm PowerMax 45
Mousegun
    Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:15 pm

Thanks for the reply,
The only things holding me back on the 275P is lack of much info from users online (not surprising since it's a pretty new product) and the fact that they are direct selling.....no dealer network for support if you have a problem.
If they suddenly stop importing them and you need parts you're out of luck.

The one youtube test video I found is from someone who Everlast sponsors.....and the feedback option is blocked on his youtube videos.
    Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:22 am

Yeah,

Everlast has been going a while now, and appears to be just getting started.

They've got some new stuff, one unit in particular that will be a sort of "Black Swan" in the welder marketplace, I think, much like I think the AHP AC/DC 200amp AlphaTIG was, and still is, for its price/value/features, except that the Everlast unit will be an innovation that has no competition at any price.

So, yeah, if you're apprehensive in your "gut" about an Everlast unit, you might "feel" better looking at something more familiar sounding.

But, I think you can "know" in your mind by now that an Everlast unit like a 275P will undoubtedly be a brilliant unit and a brilliant value, which will quickly cause any cognitive dissonance or uneasiness to dissapate for any new adopter.

Sure, if there ever is a problem beyond the first 30 days, you'll need to send it off for repair or repacement, which may cost around $120 (round trip), which you'll undoubtedly be able to afford since a comparably-featured unit from others will probably cost about $2000 more, and it's unlikely to happen after the first 30-day 100% guarantee period anyway, which covers all shipping costs. And the overall Everlast warrantee is a 5-year, parts-and-labor one, which is better than Lincoln and Miller. So, in three years, a Lincoln or Miller may cost $1800 to have a main board replaced anyway, and may take 30 days or more to fix too.

So, yeah, you can talk yourself into or out of a lot of good welding units. I'm just giving you my impression as a satisfied Everlast customer.

I suggest you do whatever you think is best for you. But please do let us all hear whatever you do get and how you like it, as firsthand user feedback can be helpful to the buying choices of others.
Peace be with you all,
Christian Livingstone
www.youtube.com/newjerusalemtimes

Everlast AC/DC 210EXT (2015)
CAT250D DC-TIG/Plasma Combo
rprecision
    Thu May 05, 2016 9:47 pm

I have the 275S which is the same unit minus pulse.

In talking with Mark at everlast I saved legit money buying this model. The S does everything I need and more in terms of power and duty cycle. I truthfully don't have a need for pulse. I rarely will do spray more or less out of position spray.

I don't have aservice much time on it as I want, but so far I really like all the features running hardwire. I would like to try dual shield soon.

For my use, my budget it couldn't be happier.