mig and flux core tips and techniques, equipment, filler metal
PeteM
    Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:28 am

exnailpounder wrote:Google just blew up :lol: :lol:

:lol:

Its going to cause an asymprosious in their Boolean prime manifold.
PeteM

Rupes wrote:OP,

As for your original question re liner, save your time and ditch it altogether and install a retro encabulator instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXJKdh1KZ0w
Bookmarked! I've been looking for that vid for a couple of years but couldn't remember the manufacturer.

I've been working on a linear drive system that will find positions in the ( I^1/2) segment of sections and need that to satisfy the permutation of the formula between the optical encoder and the control board.

Thanks.
    Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:37 am

If you need something smaller you can always go with a micro encabulator

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4ILnWpi8XY

Naturally the price point increases when powered by the modial interaction of the capacitive distractance and magneto-reluctance as most models currently are.
Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing... Oscar Wilde
    Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:57 pm

Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Syncro 350
Invertec v250-s
Thermal Arc 161 and 300
MM210
Dialarc
Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.
PeteM

I don't care how they measure it, side fumbling is still a problem.
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

In Aus people use old mig liners to catch bardi grubs out of their holes. Unwind the end into a corkscrew and you are grubbin.
cherwolf
    Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:13 am

Getting back to liners.

I have had an ugly xp with them. Once upon a time I switched to another Lincoln Powertec 360S, if I remember correctly machine and was annoyed to death -> start to weld, works well, after some short time wire melts to the tip, or melts with huge drops slowly. First idea was, new wire has inconsistent diameter, measured did not find any excess microns.

I did not know back then that my movements with hose caused the problem.

Liner inside was bent in many places, coating broken and missing in places, all those turns caused friction and least hose bending slowed down wire feed.

Changed the liner, dark clouds disappeared.

Dirt prevention, take a piece of cloth and pierce it on the wire right before wire enters feeder rollers(before conic hole), collects some dust/dirt from spool. It is not a good idea to roll back wire from hose.
homeboy
    Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:52 pm

For a wire wiper I use 2in square pieces of felt from a boot insole clipped on. I also bought a package of kids socks from the dollar store which I fill with Tidy Cat kitty litter ( said to be a very good desiccant ) and place one in the bottom of the welder cabinet . Last summer in SW Ontario we had a few weeks of super hot and humid weather -metal stuff started to rust so I also had to buy a dehumidifier. Not really sure how well the desiccant works but can't hurt. Whenever I put on a new spool I blow out the liner with compressed air. I also installed a pernifenschoton just prevent any more hyphlnuten on the exterior salferenzen. :roll:
Coldman
    Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:16 am

Oh no. Its back to hello kitty again.
Flat out like a lizard drinkin'

My second hand mig had its original liner, almost totally clogged, kinked in two places and even had corrosion like salty stuff on it. Trip to the local welder repair man, who stocks lots of spares for random old migs, and away we go.
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

homeboy wrote:For a wire wiper I use 2in square pieces of felt from a boot insole clipped on. I also bought a package of kids socks from the dollar store which I fill with Tidy Cat kitty litter ( said to be a very good desiccant ) and place one in the bottom of the welder cabinet . Last summer in SW Ontario we had a few weeks of super hot and humid weather -metal stuff started to rust so I also had to buy a dehumidifier. Not really sure how well the desiccant works but can't hurt. Whenever I put on a new spool I blow out the liner with compressed air. I also installed a pernifenschoton just prevent any more hyphlnuten on the exterior salferenzen. :roll:
I get hyphlnuten when my carbon monoxide diffuser falls below 16 lh/3m sq. Just watch your miilibar rating and you should be ok.
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

Hey Farmwelding! You never said if we answered your question :lol: Get used to it grasshopper :lol:
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

exnailpounder wrote:Hey Farmwelding! You never said if we answered your question :lol: Get used to it grasshopper :lol:
Well I think it doesn't matter since we don't run a lot of wire through the machine. And grasshopper? Really. Please I can't jump worth anything. And I am kind of used to it now.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

Wow. This thread took a left turn. I can't believe I actually read everything and watched one video. That's like 4 mins of my life I won't get back.

Anyway, to the question, when we are really busy we usually replace our liners once a week to two weeks, as per out maintenance schedule. We can run around a spool of wire through them a day (44 lbs each) when cooking. Overkill for sure and the liners have life left in them but we don't want the failure and the downtime of repairing expensive parts because of a $15 part. At home, I've only replaced my liner once in the almost 6 years I've owned my Miller 252 but I don't run near the amount of wire through it. Give it a good blow out and even take it out to clean it and it should last you years. If the wire starts catching or the liner becomes suspect in any way just replace it. Always keep a extra on hand as well. The problem always seems to creep up late at night or the weekend.
-Jonathan
-Jonathan
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

Superiorwelding wrote:Wow. This thread took a left turn. I can't believe I actually read everything and watched one video. That's like 4 mins of my life I won't get back.

Anyway, to the question, when we are really busy we usually replace our liners once a week to two weeks, as per out maintenance schedule. We can run around a spool of wire through them a day (44 lbs each) when cooking. Overkill for sure and the liners have life left in them but we don't want the failure and the downtime of repairing expensive parts because of a $15 part. At home, I've only replaced my liner once in the almost 6 years I've owned my Miller 252 but I don't run near the amount of wire through it. Give it a good blow out and even take it out to clean it and it should last you years. If the wire starts catching or the liner becomes suspect in any way just replace it. Always keep a extra on hand as well. The problem always seems to creep up late at night or the weekend.
-Jonathan
-Jonathan
Funny you should respond. You are the reason I asked because I was listening to the podcast and was wondering: should we change the liner at school on our 252. Good to know especially with the same model
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
cherwolf
    Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:13 am

Changed a liner today with that ESAB suggested tip, with conical liner end grinding.

Our binzel guns suggest that as well, To stop the liner snag on and unscrewing the tip.