mig and flux core tips and techniques, equipment, filler metal
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

homeboy wrote:For a wire wiper I use 2in square pieces of felt from a boot insole clipped on. I also bought a package of kids socks from the dollar store which I fill with Tidy Cat kitty litter ( said to be a very good desiccant ) and place one in the bottom of the welder cabinet . Last summer in SW Ontario we had a few weeks of super hot and humid weather -metal stuff started to rust so I also had to buy a dehumidifier. Not really sure how well the desiccant works but can't hurt. Whenever I put on a new spool I blow out the liner with compressed air. I also installed a pernifenschoton just prevent any more hyphlnuten on the exterior salferenzen. :roll:
I get hyphlnuten when my carbon monoxide diffuser falls below 16 lh/3m sq. Just watch your miilibar rating and you should be ok.
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

Hey Farmwelding! You never said if we answered your question :lol: Get used to it grasshopper :lol:
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

exnailpounder wrote:Hey Farmwelding! You never said if we answered your question :lol: Get used to it grasshopper :lol:
Well I think it doesn't matter since we don't run a lot of wire through the machine. And grasshopper? Really. Please I can't jump worth anything. And I am kind of used to it now.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

Wow. This thread took a left turn. I can't believe I actually read everything and watched one video. That's like 4 mins of my life I won't get back.

Anyway, to the question, when we are really busy we usually replace our liners once a week to two weeks, as per out maintenance schedule. We can run around a spool of wire through them a day (44 lbs each) when cooking. Overkill for sure and the liners have life left in them but we don't want the failure and the downtime of repairing expensive parts because of a $15 part. At home, I've only replaced my liner once in the almost 6 years I've owned my Miller 252 but I don't run near the amount of wire through it. Give it a good blow out and even take it out to clean it and it should last you years. If the wire starts catching or the liner becomes suspect in any way just replace it. Always keep a extra on hand as well. The problem always seems to creep up late at night or the weekend.
-Jonathan
-Jonathan
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

Superiorwelding wrote:Wow. This thread took a left turn. I can't believe I actually read everything and watched one video. That's like 4 mins of my life I won't get back.

Anyway, to the question, when we are really busy we usually replace our liners once a week to two weeks, as per out maintenance schedule. We can run around a spool of wire through them a day (44 lbs each) when cooking. Overkill for sure and the liners have life left in them but we don't want the failure and the downtime of repairing expensive parts because of a $15 part. At home, I've only replaced my liner once in the almost 6 years I've owned my Miller 252 but I don't run near the amount of wire through it. Give it a good blow out and even take it out to clean it and it should last you years. If the wire starts catching or the liner becomes suspect in any way just replace it. Always keep a extra on hand as well. The problem always seems to creep up late at night or the weekend.
-Jonathan
-Jonathan
Funny you should respond. You are the reason I asked because I was listening to the podcast and was wondering: should we change the liner at school on our 252. Good to know especially with the same model
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
cherwolf
    Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:13 am

Changed a liner today with that ESAB suggested tip, with conical liner end grinding.
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Our binzel guns suggest that as well, To stop the liner snag on and unscrewing the tip.