mig and flux core tips and techniques, equipment, filler metal
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

What else do you do when you have to sit around for a couple of minutes because your company only has one of the Mahoney you need and you can't do anything until you use that machine.[/quote]

The vast majority of things that have come up in those moments can't be written on this site, or told to someone under 18 without permission from a parent, guardian, local law enforcement, and possibly the governor.

Even then its iffy. :twisted:[/quote]
Hah you think this is iffy! You should go back to high school. This ain't nothing. This crap is like elementary school now. It's sad but true.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
Farmwelding

Well, we moved the gas down from the bus barn and I tried it out-answer-nope. cranked it up to 29.5 volts and somewhere between 500-700 ipm and varied the 75/25 gas. Just got some really freaking hot short circuit which after two passes I almost burnt through and I have never moved that fast on 1/4" bar!
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Nick
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Farmwelding wrote:Well, we moved the gas down from the bus barn and I tried it out-answer-nope. cranked it up to 29.5 volts and somewhere between 500-700 ipm and varied the 75/25 gas. Just got some really freaking hot short circuit which after two passes I almost burnt through and I have never moved that fast on 1/4" bar!
Back the wire down. Significantly.

I do spray transfer with .035 wire using typically 27-28 volts and 250-280 wire speed.

You're listening for a hiss, like gas escaping, not a sizzle, like bacon frying.

Steve S
Farmwelding

Otto Nobedder wrote:
Farmwelding wrote:Well, we moved the gas down from the bus barn and I tried it out-answer-nope. cranked it up to 29.5 volts and somewhere between 500-700 ipm and varied the 75/25 gas. Just got some really freaking hot short circuit which after two passes I almost burnt through and I have never moved that fast on 1/4" bar!
Back the wire down. Significantly.

I do spray transfer with .035 wire using typically 27-28 volts and 250-280 wire speed.

You're listening for a hiss, like gas escaping, not a sizzle, like bacon frying.

Steve S
yeah I talked to Jason Moser and he said the same thing. He runs like 450. That makes sense since so much wire just osuhing in doesn't have time to melt and drop as balls of molten metal.
Nick