mig and flux core tips and techniques, equipment, filler metal
captree
    Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:27 pm

Hello, I have some MIG welding exp. 10 years auto body repair.That was long ago. I am looking for a 110 welder for home use. I am thinking of Hobart toolmate 100 flux only for $200 ,or Campbell Hausfeld WG2160 MIG/flux for $240. I am wondering is Hobart still a good brand on such an entry level machine? They both have good reviews and with the Hausfeld I could run a bottle, but I doubt I would on such small projects. I cant justify the money for a Hobart MIG. So #1- is Hobart good quality on such a cheap level machine? and #2- is Cambell Hausfeld just junk? P.S. I have no typing,spelling or punctuation skills.Thanks, captree
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

Welcome...

If i was in your posisition, I would go with the Hobart-it's a Miller with white and orange paint. The Campbell welders seem sketchy to me. They make cheap products to me. And Hobart had more parts laying around and a lot more reputation.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

captree, welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
captree
    Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:27 pm

Hello,Thanks for welcome and advice. I am leaning Hobart but the sale just ended and now it is 250. I am gonna think a while and keep reading forums. Welder is a want and not a need for me. Good luck on your welding. I encourage you to learn everything about everything, it will serve you well. I know guys who dont know how to pop the hood on their car,clear a clogged drain or find a stud in a wall. Its sad, they gotta pay people to do everything for them. Be Well,captree