mig and flux core tips and techniques, equipment, filler metal
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

In the repair world there is always work. Always have a dummy who abuses a machine or always an older machine that has a problem
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
Popeye the old miner
    Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:29 pm

Farmwelding wrote:In the repair world there is always work. Always have a dummy who abuses a machine or always an older machine that has a problem
yup....and I am more than happy to do it...as long as I get paid ... don't get me wrong, I love the work and enjoy fixin up busted stuff, but it costs me money to run my rig, and I myself don't operate on oxygen alone... coffee costs money too
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

Yeah I am kind of interested in doing repair work like that someday. It seems interesting and I now enjoy stick welding after finally burning 7018s and like torch cutting and working on big equipment.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
Popeye the old miner
    Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:29 pm

Farmwelding wrote:Yeah I am kind of interested in doing repair work like that someday. It seems interesting and I now enjoy stick welding after finally burning 7018s and like torch cutting and working on big equipment.
7018 works great on this stuff, before I got my wire feeder that was all I ran. anything from 1/8 all the way to 1/4 rod mostly 3/16. used to run a 1/8 root on a busted lip both sides then a hot pass both sides with 1/8 then 5 /32 as soon as I could I would burn 3/16 or 1/4 rod, even got good enough to run 1/4 inch when it was almost but not quite vertical.

used to do a lot of busted out gear teeth too on the bull gears in a dragline, one time I did 7 teeth in row on the drag gear and hoist gear I put the segment that busted out and built 3 teeth in it...tunzafun