mig and flux core tips and techniques, equipment, filler metal
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

Otto Nobedder wrote:
Poland308 wrote:Yes that lube can do stuff like that. I used to use the pads but just dry.
Agreed. I've used the lube only rarely, and it only takes a couple drops. We had one guy at work who would saturate the pad like he was greasing the wire rope on a crane, and couldn't understand why his welds were crappy. I now never use the lube. It's less hassle to replace the liner occasionally.

Steve S
There's about a thousand "lube" jokes I could make right now...but I won't...maybe somebody else will :lol:
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
    Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:30 pm

I ran a few more welds, and they look great. There is still some brown mess, but it's all on the far side of the weld, where the gas blows it. I'll keep fiddling with it and trying to make sure the gas is okay, but the welds look perfect. It does sound a little bit like making popcorn, however.

The wire is ancient. It's shiny, but I can't swear it's perfect. I'm using the spool up for practice.

I can't believe how much TIG has improved my MIG skills. I see better, and my right hand is much steadier now.

My big problem now is that I've been welding my practice scrap together, and the resulting "sculpture" is getting pretty big.
I was socially distant when social distancing wasn't cool.
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

Let us know.
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.