mig and flux core tips and techniques, equipment, filler metal
Michael's Excavating
    Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:25 pm

Hello, I use an engine driven Miller bobcat 225 to do most of my welding and I would like to get set up with an affordable wire feeder and air cooled Tig torch. I also have a bigger AIR PAC welder that I use occasionally so I would like to be able to handle the power that welder can provide. Both welders are cc/cv. I was curious if there is a low cost option and how do I wire it up?
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

Jody had a video a while back on scratch start tig rigs. We use a setup like that on gas machines all the time for pipe work. A number 17 flex head with a gas valve built in. Cheap and easy as it gets. Feed boxes I don't know much about.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
    Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:06 pm

I have a Lincoln LN-25 wire feeder that I've used every day for about 3 years, and my boss used for a few before that. We haven't had any problems with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Poleframer
    Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:47 am

A wire feeder is gonna be 800-1200 used, unless you're lucky, since you dont have a 14 pin on yer bobcat, you'll need a vs feeder, I think. Scratch start tig is pretty straight forward, torch, argon bottle and regulator. If you want AC/ aluminum tig you'll need a HF box, some deals are out there for miller HF-251, or go with an arc pig. But there again, since you dont have a 14 pin on the bobcat, you cant hook up a pedal.
It IS do-able tho, I set up my miller legend AEAD with a HF box for TIG, and wired an old style rfc pedal to the fine amperage rheostat so I have pedal and HF. Took a little doing, but works for me.
There are ways to get where you want to go with it, but going to a Trailblazer would simplify all of them.
Weldorwes
    Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:19 am

Watch ebay ln25 go for 400 to 700 used not the pro the pro goes for more used make sure it has a contactor and gas solenoid if you want to run solid wire and it not be hot all the time
Or go miller 12vs extreme again between 400 and 900 just have to look for them i prefer meters on my feeders some don't

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk
Popeye the old miner
    Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:29 pm

I been running a Miller 12VS wire feeder for about 13 years, just about evry day wide open. Ive run dual shield wire up to .068 with it, self shielded wire up to .072. and have had absolutely no issues with the wire feeder, wore out one Ironmate self shielded gun, and one miller roughneck gun for the dual shield in that time. I can honestly say I think the wire feeder is built to last a long time.

I know nothing about tig welding so I cant help you out there