mig and flux core tips and techniques, equipment, filler metal
captree
    Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:27 pm

Hello, This is sort of a simplified re-post. The Hobart Auto-Arc Toolmate 100, I believe is Hobarts cheapest welder, flux core only, $ 200 on sale. On this entry level machine should I still expect better quality? They don't list it on their home page and they don't put their name real big on the side. If it is just going to be Asian quality I could get a more capable Asian Eastwood for the same money. Any thoughts? Thanks
Hec
  • Hec
    Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:09 pm

I have read that it is a china made machine , but I would guess it is made with Hobart specifications . Hobart does give it a 1 yr. warranty and they stand behind what they put their name on . I have read some very good reviews on this machine as I have been looking at the same welder also . The other name you mentioned , some have had warranty issues if there is a problem . Many people like them but if you have a problem it is any ones guess if it will be taken care of , that's a reason I won't buy one of theirs . I have decided to buy the Hobart 140 handler when it goes on sale again .