mig and flux core tips and techniques, equipment, filler metal
Buddhascuda
    Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:58 pm

Didn't change the gun and I took the cover off and checked all the connections and everything is solid and tight.this has me baffled. I've fixed other people's stuff but this has me scratching my head...and naturally it's only my stuff that gives me heartache
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

If your confident with a meter it's possible you can find some info to diagnose the internals. I.E. if it's transformer based you could ohm out the coils. Or check the capacitors.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
BOBBA LOUIE
    Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:43 pm

Buddhascuda wrote:Didn't change the gun and I took the cover off and checked all the connections and everything is solid and tight.this has me baffled. I've fixed other people's stuff but this has me scratching my head...and naturally it's only my stuff that gives me heartache
I'm a newbie, but have been learning a lot on here. As one gentleman said, the ground clamp is very important. I have a LINCOLN HANDY-MIG and the ground clamp was one of the "cheesiest" looking things I've seen in a long time. I had an extra TWECO Junior (A Bronze/Copper heavily sprung) clamp in the back cubby of my old LINCOLN 180 AMP "Cathedral" and installed that on the HANDI-MIG. It made a major improvement. Just a thought.