Brettm357
    Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:29 am

I have a choice between 2 Migs that have become available
1. WIA Weldmatic 210s 30A-205A Open Circuit Voltage 24 - 35
2. Cigweld Transmig 200 30A - 200A Open Circuit Voltage 26 - 54

Which is the better/bigger mig
Coldman
    Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:16 am

From the machines I take it you are in Oz.

Both power sources have similar duty cycles and capabilities, both have single drive rollers and are of similar build quality.
The WIA has one voltage control knob. The CIG has two - one coarse and one fine giving 16 volt steps.
I have currently a transmig 250, I find the volt control a bit of a nuisance, I'd rather one knob but you get used to it.
I've heard some complaints about the transmig but in every case I found incorrect drive roller tension, burn-back control out of adjustment and crap in the liner which blew out with compressed air easily.
You will get very little to no information about the transmig 200 from CIG due to its age and it's likely there will be no starter setting chart on the machine. I think the WIA will have a door chart but you need to check, also WIA will likely have this information.
Not heard any complaints about WIA.
If both power sources were the same age and condition, I would choose the WIA purely on single volt knob adjustment.
Flat out like a lizard drinkin'
Brettm357

Now that just makes it harder to decide

The Cig only has one 8 Position Voltage Knob
The WIA has a HIGH/LOW knob and a stepless voltage knob

The CIG is 13% 200A 22 Volt at 10 Mins
The WIA is 24% 180A 24 Volt at 5 Mins
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

That makes the wia 12% at 10 minutes. Are these on ebay? What price are they asking? Old wias are very good, old cigs are good. The new wia claim to be good but china. New cig are built on a name. Hit and miss really. Depending on who you speak to, they are either the foulest machines ever made or very good.

That makes the wia 12% at 10 minutes. Are these on ebay? What price are they asking? Old wias are very good, old cigs are good. The new wia claim to be good but china. New cig are built on a name. Hit and miss really. Depending on who you speak to, they are either the foulest machines ever made or very good.
Brettm357

Not ebay in my town same price $300

I'd buy the WIA. I think they are a tougher welder. Especially if there is no difference in price.
Brettm357

Got the WIA for $200 its 10 years older than the cigweld so hopefully made the right decision

The proof is in the pudding. I know a great welder parts/ repair man, should you have any issues.