mig and flux core tips and techniques, equipment, filler metal

I'm interested in any owner/user reports on the Miller Multimatic 215. Good, bad, or indifferent. I'm not interested in recommendations for other machines, just reports on the 215. Thanks.

Larry
Miller Bobcat 225
Tweco Fabricator 211i
AHP AlphaTIG 200x
Lincoln SP-135+
Hypertherm Powermax 30 Air
ProStar O/A torch
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

I have the 200 version and love it. My buddy who is a new welder bought the 215. I've used it several times helping him to get going. I find it slightly better from an interface perspective, definitely smaller, and equally as good. A very good machine and a nice "upgrade" from the 200 in my opinion.
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

An edit: I noticed after my post this inquiry was posted in the Flux/MIG section. I have not used it to Flux Core weld, but have it used it a great deal for MIG with .024 and 0.035. I have been extremely please with hardwire MIG performance.

I was going to say, if this unit had a HF TIG start option, I'd buy 2 of them ;)

Thanks for the feedback on the 215. Good to hear it's a decent machine. I'm moving into a travel trailer, the park manager has no problem with me welding in the driveway of my space, and the Miller is the only machine that'll fit in the pass-through storage area of the trailer and be able to be secured when I'm not using it. There's no provision in the park for storage buildings in the spaces. Thanks again.
Miller Bobcat 225
Tweco Fabricator 211i
AHP AlphaTIG 200x
Lincoln SP-135+
Hypertherm Powermax 30 Air
ProStar O/A torch