It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:47 pm Advanced search

My options

mig and flux core tips and techniques, equipment, filler metal

My options

Postby bbirder » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:58 am

Recently purchased a Hobart 140 handler. BIL gave me a large bottle of 75/25 mix. Wanting to make my welder more portable, I want to transfer gas to a small bottle even tho I know it will not be full.
Yesterday, while in HF I saw a small bottle on sale for 89.00 and purchased it.Closeout-no return. Not noticing that it had male threads on the valve. My regulator also has male threads. What are my options?
Is there an adapter from male to female available? Search didn't find one. If I can convert to female threads can I just purchase a transfer hose that connects the two bottles? Anyone doing this and have suggestions?

Appreciate any help or comments!

New Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:23 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: My options

Postby Poland308 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:37 am

There may be adapters commercially available. I have one so I can hook a nitrogen regulator up to a CO2 tank. But unless your certified then you can't transport a tank you have refilled yourself.
I have more questions than answers

Posts: 2440
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm
Location: Iowa

Return to Mig and Flux Core - gas metal arc welding & flux cored arc welding