mig and flux core tips and techniques, equipment, filler metal
noddybrian
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:13 pm

There are a few of your countrymen here even if they don't post regularly but how close is anyone's guess.

From what I can see - at the bottom is the main transformer this has 2 thick output leads carrying welding power still AC at this time to the rectifier - usually there will be only 4 thick connections to this - the other 2 are therefore the DC welding power - the earth goes via the inductance coil to the earth clamp - the other which I think is the curved flat bar is the live going to the wire drive - maybe you can confirm there are only 4 connections on the rectifier & no others out of easy view in the picture - the AC from the transformer to the rectifier are never moved & the inductance always remains connected so unless you can provide any other pictures showing more or information to the contrary it's worth swapping the earth to G & the wire drive to A - I think you will find that the flat bar if you follow it is bolted to the wire drive somewhere which is insulated from the surrounding metalwork - let us know how you get on if you try it - hope it works out for you.