mig and flux core tips and techniques, equipment, filler metal

Looking at these two for adding FCAW-S and -G capabilities in the future

Both are probably very good and similar in performance with the Lincoln having multiprocess feature

Would like to hear from anyone with experience with one or both of these machines, especially the FCAW process
Richard
Website
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

In the past year I changed our self shielded flux core from a 130 to a 211 and that was an upgrade. With .035" flux core wire it will hold anything. Good and hot and the only problems I've had in the wire I've run through it is with spatter on the tip and nozzle. I keep the nozzle because other students at my school like to get too close without the nozzle. Auto set works well with it as well. I've done a lot of welding with it for practice and a few projects and it is just flawless. Can't speak for the 210mp. I should add though that our 211 is the transformer machine so not the same but similar to the current model.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
    Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:48 pm

I have done extensive flux core on the Lincoln mp210 it's great. Haven't had a chance to use the new 211, but both machines are inverters so I think either one will do a great job.

(disclaimer - super OCD opinion mode kicking in)

I will say there is one design flaw, when it comes to flux core, that Lincoln did poorly on and Miller struck a home run with, and that's the nozzle. Flux core develops a lot of spatter and cleaning the nozzle can be a pain. Miller uses a slip fit style nozzle, so if it gets dirty, I can simply pull it off and run a rat tail file through it. I cannot do this with Lincoln mig welders because their nozzles are threaded.
Tyler