It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:07 pm Advanced search

Flux core

mig and flux core tips and techniques, equipment, filler metal

Flux core

Postby GVisagie » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:08 am

Good Day, i'm not a welder, but work on a construction site. we are building tanks, and flux core is used according to the welding procedure approved. can i use stick LH rods to tag weld the pre-rolled panels in place once aligned or not. I understand the clients point of view it is not on the WPS, will it have an effect on the material. once starting to weld the panels, the tag weld will be grind out and prepped for the argon welding again.
GVisagie

Re: Flux core

Postby PeteM » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:38 am

Generally no, at least not without some communication between the project managers from both sides. It could actually be fine for that purpose, but without communication between project managers, it could cause some serious problems beyond my pay grade.

Fcaw is fine for tacking and fit up too, it can just be a pain hauling around a suitcase and routing the lines.
PeteM
Ace

Postby weldin mike 27 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:43 pm

Do what the customer wants. Quote for it, then do it. That way you don't have to explain yourself if something goes wrong.
weldin mike 27
Weldmonger

Postby 79jasper » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:07 pm

WPS are typically well thought out/tested.
I wouldn't want to be on the wrong end of the stick since I used a non-approved welding process for fitup. Lol

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
79jasper
Ace

Return to Mig and Flux Core - gas metal arc welding & flux cored arc welding