mig and flux core tips and techniques, equipment, filler metal
GVisagie
    Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:56 am

Good Day, i'm not a welder, but work on a construction site. we are building tanks, and flux core is used according to the welding procedure approved. can i use stick LH rods to tag weld the pre-rolled panels in place once aligned or not. I understand the clients point of view it is not on the WPS, will it have an effect on the material. once starting to weld the panels, the tag weld will be grind out and prepped for the argon welding again.
PeteM
    Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:28 am

Generally no, at least not without some communication between the project managers from both sides. It could actually be fine for that purpose, but without communication between project managers, it could cause some serious problems beyond my pay grade.

Fcaw is fine for tacking and fit up too, it can just be a pain hauling around a suitcase and routing the lines.
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Do what the customer wants. Quote for it, then do it. That way you don't have to explain yourself if something goes wrong.
    Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:34 am

WPS are typically well thought out/tested.
I wouldn't want to be on the wrong end of the stick since I used a non-approved welding process for fitup. Lol

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk