mig and flux core tips and techniques, equipment, filler metal
    Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:48 am

Otto Nobedder wrote:The red "silver streak" refills I referred to are called "Red Riter", seen here:

http://www.pipefitter.com/dolphincart/c ... at=Cat0024

Steve
Thanks Steve. I am ordering some in a few minutes. They look like they will work good. If they show up on stainless and aluminum like the silver does on steel that would be most excellent. The sharpies work good, but after a while the tips flatten out and you cant keep a good sharp line with them.
Jim
Pipefitter/Weldor out of Local 396
Millermatic 252
Dynasty 200DX
Maxstar 150 STL
Spoolmate 100
Hypertherm Powermax 85
Miller Digital Elite
JD2 Model 32 Bender
Emerson 7120 Horizontal/Vertical Bandsaw
Oxy-Gas Torch outfit
Generac XP8000E Generator
ogorir
    Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:04 pm

I use weldinmike's technique a lot, especially on thin pipe I'm too lazy to bevel. just butt the joint and take a grinder on a 45 degree angle and run it down the seam for a shallow 45 degree bevel. easy to follow and lets the bead lay a little flatter on the outside surface on thin stuff.
kermdawg
    Tue May 25, 2010 8:16 pm

Hey if your havin trouble with your sharpies, which ones are you buyin? You need to buy the big ol fat ones, ya know the ones the taggers use to make graffitti. They last alot longer and the tips will right on anything.

I found that the normal sharpies didnt last very long doin layout on a dusty concrete floor and like you said didnt make a very good fine point after a while. The big old fat ones work great though, can get a real fine point and they last.
Signature? Who needs a F***ing signature?
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

jpence38 wrote:
Otto Nobedder wrote:The red "silver streak" refills I referred to are called "Red Riter", seen here:

http://www.pipefitter.com/dolphincart/c ... at=Cat0024

Steve
... If they show up on stainless and aluminum like the silver does on steel that would be most excellent...
Just be aware the color of your lens will affect the visibility.

Steve