mig and flux core tips and techniques, equipment, filler metal
jhic91
    Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:10 am

Hi all, this is my first post. Just thought I would try this out.

If your looking for better looking mig welds, try this out next time your under the hood. Next time your running a bead with mig. Instead of just lighting up and running straight and pulling or pushing the puddle along. And please don't get me goin with, whats better push or pull. It's what your comfortable with. In the real world sometimes your gunna have to push. Use a slight side to side motion when welding. Weave about 1/8 to a 1/4", depending on the thicknes,of the material, and the desired weld size, you shouldn't have to weave more then a 1/2". You will get a more defined looking weld with a slight weaving motion. I'm just gunna be on the safe side and say, STAY WITH THE PUDDLE! Trust me makes a huge difference, if you want people too look at your work and go" :shock: did you weld that." Try this out. Works really good for fillet welds. I've had people think that I used a 7018 where I migged the joint. It takes a little longer to run a bead, but the results are well worth the time it takes.

Hope this helps someone out.