mig and flux core tips and techniques, equipment, filler metal
tschmitt
    Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:26 pm

I'm getting the Chicago Electric flux welder in a few weeks when it goes on sale at harbor freight. I know Chicago Electric may not be the best brand of welders on the market but it is what is the budget and wI'll get some home projects done. I am new to flux but I have experience with mig. My big question is what would be the best brand for flux wire. Also I have been told that since I know how to run mig running flux will be easy to pick up, how true is this? Thnks in advance.
"Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence." VINCE LOMBARDI
Mike Westbrook
    Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:13 pm

I always thought it was pretty similar just remember to change polarity when you go from mig to fcaw flux always seemed to do better in not perfectly clean scenarios

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Cutting torch hammer and a full vocabulary
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

From what I’ve noticed. More expensive wire isn’t always a better quality wire, but is often wound on the spool in a way that it feeds better.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

Flux core is pretty simple if you’ve run mig before. Me personally I’ve always liked Lincoln electric wire. It just seems to run the nicest for me.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
    Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:37 pm

tschmitt wrote:I'm getting the Chicago Electric flux welder in a few weeks when it goes on sale at harbor freight. I know Chicago Electric may not be the best brand of welders on the market but it is what is the budget and wI'll get some home projects done. I am new to flux but I have experience with mig. My big question is what would be the best brand for flux wire. Also I have been told that since I know how to run mig running flux will be easy to pick up, how true is this? Thnks in advance.
I use the best price flux core from Amazon
I use T71T 11 030 works great
Use 3/8 to 1/2" stick out

Dave

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

tschmitt wrote:I'm getting the Chicago Electric flux welder in a few weeks when it goes on sale at harbor freight. I know Chicago Electric may not be the best brand of welders on the market but it is what is the budget and wI'll get some home projects done. I am new to flux but I have experience with mig. My big question is what would be the best brand for flux wire. Also I have been told that since I know how to run mig running flux will be easy to pick up, how true is this? Thnks in advance.

Dave

Dave

anndel
    Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:37 am

I've used both Forney and Hobart FC 0.30" wire with excellent results.
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

Mike Westbrook wrote:I always thought it was pretty similar just remember to change polarity when you go from mig to fcaw flux always seemed to do better in not perfectly clean scenarios
The Chi Elec machine is only a Flux box, thus no polarity changes needed ;) It's already wired "correctly".
Mike Westbrook
    Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:13 pm

Oh super basic do they have a combo unit maybe just a few more dollars I would think it would be well worth it heavier gun and gas option for the future

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Cutting torch hammer and a full vocabulary
tschmitt
    Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:26 pm

I will definitely look it other wore brands recommend here. Also I was wondering if I need an electrician to come out and run me an outlet for it or if running an extention cord from my porch Tommy she'd would be ok for a few simple projects at the house until I get power run to my shed.
"Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence." VINCE LOMBARDI