mig and flux core tips and techniques, equipment, filler metal
maloneylee
    Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:18 pm

Hi,
Which machine is best for welding large diameter pipe Miller pipe pro 450 or lincoln stt II.
I have sales men telling me that each machine(the one they are selling) is the best machine for the job would like some unbiased advice.

Thanks
lee
kermdawg
    Tue May 25, 2010 8:16 pm

I have sales men telling me that each machine(the one they are selling) is the best machine for the job
The hell you expect em to say??
Signature? Who needs a F***ing signature?
fytisa1028
    Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:10 pm

IF SOME BODY KNOWS IF FRONIUS ITS A GOOD BRAND IN WELNDING MACHINES, COMPARE TO MILLER AND LINCOLN
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Hey there,

Fronius are a European machine. The are up there with the best but they are as dear as poison. Start at $8000 and go up. Steeply. They are a very complex machine with lots of programs built in. You would want to make sure that you could use all the features before coining out on one. I know a guy who dropped around that much on one and a $2000 WIA (Australian) worked just as well.

Hope that helps
Mick
Tom O
    Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:28 pm

Make them demo the machines and show you what they can do. Sales staff need to step up show the machine, not talk about it! The machine that can lay the root in at the 6 o'clock is the machine to go with.
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Hi there,

I talked to a guy at work about our Fronius Migs. They are used are used on a large robot cell. I knew they would be expensive, judging by what i found out and posted above, but the cost totally blew me away. Wait for it.... $25000. Yes there is 3 zeros there. And work bought 2. Damn.

Makes the eyes water, especially when you consider that they dont always lay the greatest weld.

Peace out.
Mick