mig and flux core tips and techniques, equipment, filler metal
branhamd
    Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:03 pm

I am having some Dual Shield Issues with outside corner Joints. I am dragging from left to right and when I get to the last inch and a half to 2 inches of weld I am getting really bad porosity. To fix the the issue I have been welding from the center of the joint to the outside edge. It this the right way of going about this or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks guys
    Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:09 am

What kind of material, how thick, and what kind of surface prep, top side and bottom side?
Lincoln MP 210, Lincoln Square Wave 200,
Everlast 210 EXT
Thermal Dynamics 25 Plasma cutter

" Anything that carries your livelihood wants to be welded so that Thor can’t break it."
CJ737
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

got a picture?

Dual shield is sensitive to wire age and shielding gas coverage due to the high CTWD. Non-vacuum sealed dual shield wire has a shelf life of about 1 year . After this, it is becomes VERY sensitive to shielding gas coverage. You could be changing your CTWD but we wouldn't be able to tell, even from a picture, unfortunately. I ask for the picture because it always helps though. Outside corner joint will not trap shielding gas because it splits the stream, unlike an inside corner joint that helps "dam" the shielding gas due to the shape of the joint.
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Also sensitive to arc blow. This can also cause porosity.