mig and flux core tips and techniques, equipment, filler metal
nativebroncofan
    Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:04 am

I am wondering if anyone knows of a mig gun that has a trigger lock on it like say one that a drill has????
With over 5 feet of mig weld going into a single piece that trigger is becoming a part of my hand.
Any one know of one or even heard of one?
Thanks in advance, nativebroncofan
delraydella
    Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:35 pm

My old 30a spoolgun had a trigger lock, but I don't recall seeing one on my new one. (Old one got stolen). If you can find a spoolgun built around the mid 90's, it would most likely have one. I'll look at mine tomorrow and see.
WeldingSyncrowave 250,Millermatic 252,30a Spoolgun Cutting12" Hi-speed Cutoff Saw, 9x 12 Horizontal Bandsaw MillingGorton 8d Vertical Mill TurningMonarch EE Precision Lathe GrindingBrown & Sharpe #5 Surface Grinder
nativebroncofan
    Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:04 am

Cool thanks,
I've been trying to dream one up that could be used, just kinda hard when you're always being pushed for production.
nativebroncofan
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Hi there,

Bernard make guns with trigger lock. Check this out.
http://www.bernardwelds.com/products/se ... figurator/

I use benard guns at work and they are great.

Hope this helps
Mick
delraydella
    Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:35 pm

The new spoolgun didn't have a trigger lock.

If you find an older one, it may use the compression style tips, as opposed to the newer screw-in type. I still have about 20 of the old style tip for .035 if you want them.
WeldingSyncrowave 250,Millermatic 252,30a Spoolgun Cutting12" Hi-speed Cutoff Saw, 9x 12 Horizontal Bandsaw MillingGorton 8d Vertical Mill TurningMonarch EE Precision Lathe GrindingBrown & Sharpe #5 Surface Grinder