mig and flux core tips and techniques, equipment, filler metal
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

Just saw this on Instagram, and it's on their website. Yet another new machine that they're popping into their line-up. Says it will be available September. Fills in the gap between their MIG 200i and the Pro Pulse 220MTS.

HTP MTS 210

Called and asked, and they said it's just a "pro pulse 220 MTS" but without the pulse programs, which just leaves 9 programs; which are synergic so there are built-in curves based on material thickness, just no pulse is included, so that's what makes it cheaper. All the rest of the features and adjustability are still there. Website says you can purchase an upgrade to add the Pulse features/programs later on. No, I'm not going to buy one, lol. :lol:

These would be the 9 programs left over after removing the pulse-enabled ones

Coldman
    Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:16 am

I think you should buy one.
Deep down you know you want to.
Look at those smooth lines. Look at that bright orange.
Nobody has to know.
Flat out like a lizard drinkin'

Coldman wrote:I think you should buy one.
Deep down you know you want to.
Look at those smooth lines. Look at that bright orange.
Nobody has to know.
It's actually red, pictures just makes it look orange, I think they used too much flash. Besides it looks exactly like my PP220 MTS, lol.
Coldman
    Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:16 am

Look at those two knobs on top and that shiny recepticle below where you can put your whip.
You know if you take your time and tweak those knobs just right you're going to get the best arc you've ever had. It's like fireworks going off when you finally pull the trigger.
It even likes a good blow out every so often.
How can you say no?
:)
Flat out like a lizard drinkin'

Its just not fancy enough, lol. Now if it had some new futuristic alien technology that the other MIGs didnt have, then I'd have one on order. :)
BillE.Dee
    Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:53 pm

yeh, what cold man said. And when you order it you can teach them how and when to use the flash for the pictures.
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

So then it really doesn’t fill a gap so much as tempt a different priced customer.
I have more questions than answers

Josh

I know right! Just look at this gorgeous shot of my Pro Pulse 220MTS I took when I got it last year.

Spartan
    Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:59 pm

Oscar wrote:I know right! Just look at this gorgeous shot of my Pro Pulse 220MTS I took when I got it last year.

I didn't know that HTP had some orange models. Interesting.

Poland308 wrote:So then it really doesn’t fill a gap so much as tempt a different priced customer.
Well isn't that the exact definition if filling a price gap?

Spartan wrote:
Oscar wrote:
I didn't know that HTP had some orange models. Interesting.
It's red!!! :lol: :D
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

Oscar wrote:I know right! Just look at this gorgeous shot of my Pro Pulse 220MTS I took when I got it last year.

Best thing about this picture is that it allows us to see what a sh!te job the finish carpenter did on your stairway skirt boards. Geez, rip those out and weld some in already. Anything would be better than that :oops:

I'm with Poland, why "wedge a machine in between two. FFS, buy bigger and turn the knobs down :roll: They will only cannibalize their upper price machine. Stooopid strategy from a commercial point of view.
BillE.Dee
    Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:53 pm

Best thing about this picture is that it allows us to see what a sh!te job the finish carpenter did on your stairway skirt boards. Geez, rip those out and weld some in already. Anything would be better than that :oops:

the skirts are the insulation pieces for the garage.
Spartan
    Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:59 pm

cj737 wrote:I'm with Poland, why "wedge a machine in between two. FFS, buy bigger and turn the knobs down :roll: They will only cannibalize their upper price machine. Stooopid strategy from a commercial point of view.
They probably have a plan. Might be planning to phase out some of the other machines in this instance. I'm sure they have either internal or external marketing people that model all of the data to decide on which products to release, when, and with which features. I thought it was odd when they jumped right up to the 400 Invertig. Thought that was a bad marketing decision. But then BAM, they come out with the 300 not long after. Certainly all planned out.

BillE.Dee wrote:Best thing about this picture is that it allows us to see what a sh!te job the finish carpenter did on your stairway skirt boards. Geez, rip those out and weld some in already. Anything would be better than that :oops:

the skirts are the insulation pieces for the garage.

:lol:
sbaker56
    Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:12 am

Seems like it's intended more for those who want a multipurpose machine rather than a standalone mig, more specifically it looks like direct competition for the Lincoln Powermig MP 210

sbaker56 wrote:Seems like it's intended more for those who want a multipurpose machine rather than a standalone mig, more specifically it looks like direct competition for the Lincoln Powermig MP 210
Yea you could think of it like that. Their basic stand-alone MIG is the MIG200i.