mig and flux core tips and techniques, equipment, filler metal
Deano56
    Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:28 am

Just for fun I stopped in to Harbor Freight to look at their welders and consumables being that I recently purchased a little 200 amp China Mig I wanted to compare. At first glance the 200 green and the 210 orange welders look pretty good but, as I started touching them I could see very flimsy knobs that when you turned them, there is no resistance at all. Grab them and they wobble very easily, just feel cheap. The wire feeder is no better quality than my 400 dollar welder, the only advantage over mine I think is the LED displays. I would by no means spend 1100.00 for a Harbor Freight welder when I can get a Everlast that is made much better with a 5 year guarantee for the same price, not sure about replacement parts though. Mine however might last me the rest of my life with the little use I'm going to use it, so far I'm happy with it.
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

Deano56 wrote:Just for fun I stopped in to Harbor Freight to look at their welders and consumables being that I recently purchased a little 200 amp China Mig I wanted to compare. At first glance the 200 green and the 210 orange welders look pretty good but, as I started touching them I could see very flimsy knobs that when you turned them, there is no resistance at all. Grab them and they wobble very easily, just feel cheap. The wire feeder is no better quality than my 400 dollar welder, the only advantage over mine I think is the LED displays. I would by no means spend 1100.00 for a Harbor Freight welder when I can get a Everlast that is made much better with a 5 year guarantee for the same price, not sure about replacement parts though. Mine however might last me the rest of my life with the little use I'm going to use it, so far I'm happy with it.
You should ask VA-Sawyer about Neverlast's "5 year warranty". :)
tweake
    Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:53 am

there is some very good china brands around and of course they make a lot of overseas name brand machines.
but there is just so many fake welders available its hard to sort the good from the bad.
tweak it until it breaks
DLF
  • DLF
    Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:58 am

I have a Jasic 200A AC/DC TIG machine. I am very happy with it

https://www.jasic.co.uk/tig-200p-mini-a ... ter-welder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Deano56

Oscar wrote:
Deano56 wrote:Just for fun I stopped in to Harbor Freight to look at their welders and consumables being that I recently purchased a little 200 amp China Mig I wanted to compare. At first glance the 200 green and the 210 orange welders look pretty good but, as I started touching them I could see very flimsy knobs that when you turned them, there is no resistance at all. Grab them and they wobble very easily, just feel cheap. The wire feeder is no better quality than my 400 dollar welder, the only advantage over mine I think is the LED displays. I would by no means spend 1100.00 for a Harbor Freight welder when I can get a Everlast that is made much better with a 5 year guarantee for the same price, not sure about replacement parts though. Mine however might last me the rest of my life with the little use I'm going to use it, so far I'm happy with it.
uh oh, Neverlast ?
Deano56

Oscar wrote:
uh oh, Neverlast ?