mig and flux core tips and techniques, equipment, filler metal
GriffDog
    Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:49 pm

I have a 350MP is there a after market gun available for this machine? The OEM gun is like driving a bus.
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

If you mean a smaller mig gun rated at less amps, for the purpose of better maneuverability, sure. One popular option is Bernard. Lots of people really like those; they seem to have a mig gun for just about anything.. There are also more "generic" guns that have the Lincoln connector that you can likely find on eBay, but jhst as with the Bernard guns, the consumables will be different. I know HTP sells replacement guns that use OEM original consumables, but I dont know if they make one for your machine. Of course the downside is smaller mig guns will heat up a lot faster.
    Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:00 am

+1 on both the Bernard guns and the HTP guns...all depends on the amp range you are working in. Before I sold my MM 252 I had an HTP flex neck for up to about 200 amps and I had a 300 amp Bernard Q gun for anything above that.
Multimatic 255
GriffDog
    Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:49 pm

Thanks I’ll check the Bernard. That 350 MP I purchased from the Lincoln school as a demo on a great deal, 90% of what we do is hot rod fabrication so the amperage that it is generally used at never hits the 200 amp range. It is set up For aluminum now with the push pull gun.
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

GriffDog wrote:Thanks I’ll check the Bernard. That 350 MP I purchased from the Lincoln school as a demo on a great deal, 90% of what we do is hot rod fabrication so the amperage that it is generally used at never hits the 200 amp range. It is set up For aluminum now with the push pull gun.
Then you will likely have a lot of options for a 200A MIG gun (then you just keep the larger stock gun as a back-up in case you have to weld up something 'heavy'). Just pay attention to the consumables, the costs, and ease of availability (tips, nozzles, liners, diffusers, tip holders)
G-ManBart
    Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:24 am

Tweco, Bernard, HTP....pretty much everybody makes a gun that will work with a modern Lincoln.

I have a spare Lincoln Magnum 250L gun that I could get to you for $100 with an .023-.030" liner installed and a brand new .030-.045" liner in a factory sealed bag.
Miller Syncrowave 250DX TIGRunner
Miller Millermatic 350P
Miller Regency 200 W/22A and Spoolmatic 3
Hobart Champion Elite
Everlast PowerTIG 210EXT
Deano56
    Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:28 am

i purchased this one and it looks to be made well, can't tell you how long it will last because i have barely used it to date. I wanted a 15' lead, mine was 10'.

https://yeswelder.com/products/heavy-du ... nt-tweco-2