mig and flux core tips and techniques, equipment, filler metal
waid302
    Fri Dec 25, 2020 2:10 pm

Looking to upgrade on my old Hobart 180 MIG with something with LED / LCD with lot of adjustability for around $1000. I like to be able to adjust Inductance, Torch Trigger 2T 4T, Spot Time, Pre & Post Gas, Run In WFS.

I looked though many welders in this price range the only two that have fine adjustability is the Klutch MP251Si LCD, Weldpro MIG210 LCD and Harbor Freight Omni 220. There is lots of info on the Harbor Freight but not sure about 90 day warranty for $1000 welder. The Weldpro MIG210 LCD does not have the ability to adjust pre and post flow for MIG and Klutch does. Both Klutch ($1000) and Weldpro ($900) comes with 3 year warranty. There is lots of info on the Weldpro and very little on the Klutch which is sold only though Northern tools so I am leaning toward the Weldpro. I am not concerned about TIG since I already have Primeweld 225x TIG.

Does anyone have any experience with eight of these two welders?

Is pre and post flow & the ability to adjust really needed on MIG ?

https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools ... _200833070

https://weldpro.com/product/weldpro-200 ... -features/

cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

A $1,000 welder is disposable. Treat it as such.
waid302

cj737 wrote:A $1,000 welder is disposable. Treat it as such.
Really?

I bought my first $700 welder about 10 years ago and still going strong. Not everyone one needs $4000 miller.

Waid
Thatkid2diesel
    Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:38 am

waid302 wrote:Looking to upgrade on my old Hobart 180 MIG with something with LED / LCD with lot of adjustability for around $1000. I like to be able to adjust Inductance, Torch Trigger 2T 4T, Spot Time, Pre & Post Gas, Run In WFS.

I looked though many welders in this price range the only two that have fine adjustability is the Klutch MP251Si LCD, Weldpro MIG210 LCD and Harbor Freight Omni 220. There is lots of info on the Harbor Freight but not sure about 90 day warranty for $1000 welder. The Weldpro MIG210 LCD does not have the ability to adjust pre and post flow for MIG and Klutch does. Both Klutch ($1000) and Weldpro ($900) comes with 3 year warranty. There is lots of info on the Weldpro and very little on the Klutch which is sold only though Northern tools so I am leaning toward the Weldpro. I am not concerned about TIG since I already have Primeweld 225x TIG.

I wouldn't call a 1k welder disposable. If your using it daily for hours might think to bump your budget. If your hobby welding I'd say either would suit. You can get longer warranty on the omni 220 but have to pay for it separately. The one benefit of the klutch I see would be it is a 250 amp machine. Not sure if you need that extra amperage but it is worth noting. Can't speak to weldpro or northern tools warranty or parts availability, but I do know if you have warranty on the vulcan and keep your receipt they will give you a new unit, or at least they use to. Again, not endorsing harbor freight, but they do have a lot of reviews on it, and harbor freights are everywhere. I'd say any of them would be fine. I looked hard at the weldpro equivalent to the primeweld tig 225 before I bought the primeweld. The foot pedal was why I went with the primeweld and everyone was raving about it too.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Hobart Ironman 210
Primeweld Tig225x
Primeweld 160st
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

cj737 wrote:A $1,000 welder is disposable. Treat it as such.
I would agree with this. The average market determines that a machine below this level justifies that its death and replacement is cheaper than buying a rebuildable machine.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
waid302

I am a hobbyist and not a professional. I never had MIG with ability to adjust Inductance, Run In and other parameters which I am not sur if I need. I found another cheaper option which is Everlast Cyclone 200E for $640. It has digital display but other parameters cannot be adjusted. At least it will give me wire feed rate and Voltage. My Hobart just gives me meaningless numbers.

Any thoughts?

https://www.everlastgenerators.com/prod ... 5AEALw_wcB

Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:57 pm

Thatkid2diesel wrote:
waid302 wrote:Looking to upgrade on my old Hobart 180 MIG with something with LED / LCD with lot of adjustability for around $1000. I like to be able to adjust Inductance, Torch Trigger 2T 4T, Spot Time, Pre & Post Gas, Run In WFS.

I wouldn't call a 1k welder disposable. If your using it daily for hours might think to bump your budget. If your hobby welding I'd say either would suit. You can get longer warranty on the omni 220 but have to pay for it separately. The one benefit of the klutch I see would be it is a 250 amp machine. Not sure if you need that extra amperage but it is worth noting. Can't speak to weldpro or northern tools warranty or parts availability, but I do know if you have warranty on the vulcan and keep your receipt they will give you a new unit, or at least they use to. Again, not endorsing harbor freight, but they do have a lot of reviews on it, and harbor freights are everywhere. I'd say any of them would be fine. I looked hard at the weldpro equivalent to the primeweld tig 225 before I bought the primeweld. The foot pedal was why I went with the primeweld and everyone was raving about it too.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
I have a Hobart Handler 190 and absolutely love it for mig. As a hobbyist I see no reason for an upgrade. I do understand the thought of going digital. Knowing and being able to set all the numbers for a given weldment with a digital machine is kinda nice, given the numbers are accurate for a given manufacturer. This is the reason I opted for the Weldpro ACDC200GD over the Primeweld when I purchased a tig unit. I wanted the numbers and the ability to tweak them accurately. The Weldpro doesn't disappoint at all and the foot pedal controller is awesome.

So, it's your call as to what mig unit you purchase. Warranty aside, get the features you desire. Let us know how your purchase goes and how the unit works for you. It's what we all need for help making our own decisions on equipment.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk