mig and flux core tips and techniques, equipment, filler metal
Kuki89
    Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:33 pm

Hello everyone I have a question about the mig amperage, example, if the 0.045 (1.1mm) wire has 100 Amps marked on the digital board it is equal to the wire speed in ipm, (100amps = 100 ipm
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

https://www.lincolnelectric.com/assets/ ... /c4200.pdf

Here’s a link to Lincoln’s reference guide. I believe that’s all in there.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
Kuki89
    Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:33 pm

Thanks, I've been looking at it but I couldn't find what I wanted
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

Page 16 has a chart. I think the chart answers part of your question. But I’m not sure if your referring to a specific machine. I believe most Mig machines adjust volts and wire speed. In order for your machine to adjust wire speed by changing the amps then your machine would have to know what diameter wire you are using. It is possible that if your referencing a specific machine that it simply uses the amps display to display wire feed speed when in the Mig mode, if it’s a multi process machine.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
tweake
    Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:53 am

i have seen euro makes that adjust amps. however i think you can swap it between wfs and amps.
tweak it until it breaks
BillE.Dee
    Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:53 pm

I "think" what the OP is asking is referring to AUTO SET, but we don't know what machine he's got. So, if you set all info into the machine - wire type and diameter, material type and thickness, WILL the machine automatically adjust amps and wire feed speed? I personally don't have a fancy dancer, I have do the adjusting.