mig and flux core tips and techniques, equipment, filler metal
5solas
    Sat May 08, 2021 3:05 pm

Hey, everyone new to this. I am total begginer and recently got into the welding field. I decided to buy a begginer welder to get some practice experience. Now i know this maybe a no brainer for most of you. I am having a hard time getting my flux welder to arc. The welder is new and i even exchanged it already thinking it might of been defected. Im trying to weld on a piece of metal i just bought i even grind it down to clean it up and the ground clamp is brand new and grounding right however the welder will turn on and do everything normal except not arc when i touch the bare metal. NOW i have another old welder flux as well and when ever i run that one on the same metal and same ground position it arcs just fine. So now im even questioning if maybe my household electrical breaker setup is not suitable for this inverter welder??? Or what can it be?. I appreciate your help and patience in advance. Thank you.
A.L.
    Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:52 am

Did you ever figure out what the problem was?
    Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:57 pm

I have one of those welders. Mine works fine. Not quite clear on your issue. Does the wire just curl when it's being fed and not arc like its supposed to?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
chuckie1111
    Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:53 am

trouble with same welder .... [youtube]https://youtu.be/qHIaqHUVkKk[/youtube]