mig and flux core tips and techniques, equipment, filler metal
h53mechanic
    Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:53 am

Every thing was great till today. Miller 211 using FC with work lead for electrode. Machine is about 3 years old. The wire feeds and (trying to weld 1/8" A36 mild steel) wire touching the coupon looks like a heating element and light spark. Then I hit the ground (yes tried to get to welding by directly trying to weld on the ground) usually the same thing, once in a wile I will get a Zuse effect cant hold back the lightning. Looked at +ground contact from machine to coupon 0.2 ohms. New contact tip. Tip to -Lead output terminal 0.01 Ohms. Wire feed sends wire out for maybe 10 seconds with light spark then auto feeds like I need to fill the wire guide and MIG gun. Checked an cleaned thumb screw contact holding the MIG/FC wire guide/gas connector. Think I may have a issue with some magical part in the machine. My question is what do y'all think is wrong with my miller 211?
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

I would unplug and open it up. Look it over and check for blown components. Might be capacitors.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

If it is within the 3 year warranty, get it to a Miller service center asap. I hope you registered the warranty; If the main board is bad, Miller should replace it. They replaced the main board on mine after I got careless with the duty cycle and let the magic smoke out, so they should be able to help you out.
h53mechanic

Calling today.
h53mechanic

[quote=Poland308 post_id=137437 time=1639328656 user_id=9249]
I would unplug and open it up. Look it over and check for blown components. Might be capacitors.
[/quote]

I did and found nothing wrong or obviously damaged.
h53mechanic

[quote=h53mechanic post_id=137449 time=1639520407 user_id=7604]
Calling today.
[/quote]

Found out it was March 25 2019 and i have 99 days of warranty. Thank you for that wonderful bit of knowledge.