mig and flux core tips and techniques, equipment, filler metal
R0ast-BeeF
    Thu Oct 27, 2022 1:43 pm

Hello all....

I'm looking for any help/ideas on an issue I'm having at work. 

Using a Fronius TransPuls Synergic 2700 to weld 3mm Aluminium.

Welder is set on CMT Pulse, using 1mm 5356 Ali wire, with 1.2mm contact tip

The issue is that the wire keeps on burning back into the contact tip and throwing the 'EFD' error. Sometimes I can get a good run of welds no problem, welds lovely, then it'll start burning back and I have to stop, loosen tip and press wire feed to reset the fault. It can then do this continously as soon at it arcs up. It's a sporadic issue so it's hard to diagnose, one minute it'll weld fine then it'll be problematic and so on. 

The wire feeds though the torch smoothly when not welding, so assuming it's not kinks in the liner. I've even found the hidden settings and adjusted the burnback control. Nothing seems to of worked.

Anybody else had this issue or have any ideas? 

Any input would be appreciated, TIA

tweake
    Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:53 am

is there a number which goes with the error code? that should give a better idea of whats happening.
i would be inclined to go up a size in wire.
tweak it until it breaks
Jack Ryan
    Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:20 pm

I am only guessing but the wire might only be sticking when the burnback happens - otherwise it seems free. That might suggest some kinks or corrosion in the roll.
tweake wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 6:03 pm is there a number which goes with the error code? that should give a better idea of whats happening.
i would be inclined to go up a size in wire.
Evidently, there should be an error number.
Error Codes.jpg
Error Codes.jpg (187.53 KiB) Viewed 4919 times
Jack
corn chip
    Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:20 pm

should be all the codes in the service manual. thats just common sense stuff. also theres afjustable burn back and maybe its set wrong
corn chip
    Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:20 pm

in the owners manual i meen . not service manual
Jack Ryan
    Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:20 pm

corn chip wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:53 pm should be all the codes in the service manual. thats just common sense stuff. also theres afjustable burn back and maybe its set wrong
Those I posted are from the "Operations Manual". There are other error codes as well, these are just the EFD (wire feed) error codes.

Jack