mig and flux core tips and techniques, equipment, filler metal
Mousegun
    Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:15 pm

Can anyone point me to a resource for pulse MIG settings for a machine without a synergic feature? I'm using an Everlast 275P but all the pulse settings are manual. I have to individually set wire speed, voltage, base voltage, frequency, and on-time. No setting or readout for amperage. I'd really like to be able to do pulse spray but that's a lot of variables to get dialed in.

Do I have a hope of finding any basic settings without spending 40 hours experimenting?....Or do I pull the rip cord and trade off the machine with a synergic feature?
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

Spray MIG requires both the correct gas mixture and voltage. Pulse settings are heavily dependent on material thickness and wire diameter. It would be very helpful if you provided some basic information so that others can offer input.
Mousegun
    Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:15 pm

cj737 wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 9:48 pm Spray MIG requires both the correct gas mixture and voltage. Pulse settings are heavily dependent on material thickness and wire diameter. It would be very helpful if you provided some basic information so that others can offer input.
I have 90/10 gas and am using .035 ER70S6 wire. Beyond that I'm looking for some basic settings for various thicknesses of steel from 1/8 to 1/2". I've searched online without much success because most examples are using synergic machines. They usually only have a couple of adjustments, typically for amperage and a trim setting for voltage (arc length). All other settings being internal to the control. Everlast doesn't seem to publish any chart for settings so I'm kind of out in the weeds on this.