mig and flux core tips and techniques, equipment, filler metal
    Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:30 pm

I am on my second big roll of Harbor Freight MIG wire, and I generally use a Harbor Freight Titanium welder, even though I have a Lincoln.

The wire has run fine for me, and I made two projects that have to take a lot of stress: a modified tractor bucket (changed to quick-attach) and a tractor debris fork. The bucket has no problems, and the fork doesn't give when the tractor's hydraulics are maxed out. I am not able to damage it with this tractor and heavy loads. Putting hundreds of pounds of logs on the fork isn't what punishes it the most. I also pry with it, sometimes unintentionally.

Today I saw people on the web criticizing Harbor Freight wire. Can I really be that wrong?

06 14 23 Kubota fork attachment with paint small.jpg
06 14 23 Kubota fork attachment with paint small.jpg (381.78 KiB) Viewed 414 times
I was socially distant when social distancing wasn't cool.
tweake
    Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:53 am

nice build.

sounds similar to what i see here in local box store product reviews. usually its a case of blaming the product instead of the operator. blame the welder/wire/whatever when they are not using it correctly. seen that with many other items.
tweak it until it breaks
    Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:30 pm

Thanks. I didn't build the tines. They were taken from an existing set that was designed really badly. I cut them up and welded them onto a frame I built, and I added the plates for a quick-attach adaptor. The plates were cut out of some scrap from an old quick-attach mount plate.
I was socially distant when social distancing wasn't cool.
tRidiot
    Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:01 am

I've used multiple 10 lb rolls of Yeswelder ER70S-6 with no problems with the wire whatsoever.
Rem40xb1
    Tue Dec 26, 2023 6:30 am

I use Ine wire from Italy and it works great--I have also used several spools of Lincoln L56 and the wire from Italy seems to work as well as the L56 at 1/2 the price