mig and flux core tips and techniques, equipment, filler metal
Mroll004
    Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:01 pm

Looking into getting a new MIG as i have officially fried my power mig 140. I know i am going to probably offend someone by even asking this question but its worth a shot... Any thoughts on the Northern Industrial Welder Hybrid MIG/Stick 200 230V??? I know it looks like a toys "r" us machine but on paper it dosent look half bad for the price. Here's the link. http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/ ... _200485145

Lemme have it!
    Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:48 am

Honestly, it looks like a pretty good deal. Comes with everything MIG, Stick, Spoolgun, gauges, spool adapter, infinite adjustment on controls. Output and duty cycle are decent. If you are just using it for occasional welding, It seems like a good deal. Only thing is that there are no reviews of reliabity over time and all the reviews were by beginner welders so they really didn't offer in depth review.
Also remember that any mig consumables or parts will have to be ordered from Northern tool unless you can find some that are interchangeable for it. The spoolgun says that it takes a Tweco connector, contact tips and nozzles so I would assume that the mig gun does too. That would be really nice. Hope this helps. :)
Jim
Pipefitter/Weldor out of Local 396
Millermatic 252
Dynasty 200DX
Maxstar 150 STL
Spoolmate 100
Hypertherm Powermax 85
Miller Digital Elite
JD2 Model 32 Bender
Emerson 7120 Horizontal/Vertical Bandsaw
Oxy-Gas Torch outfit
Generac XP8000E Generator
Ultralow787
    Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:30 pm

Geez, $650.00 and it even comes with a free TIG torch if you order it before 2/5/12!
Unfortunately, we don't have Northern Tool up here in the Great White North. (if they want to call it NORTHERN Tool, then they should be in the North!) I was in one in Houston a couple of years ago though. Lots of neat stuff in there!
Perfection is impossible, but if you strive for perfection, excellence is obtainable!

1983 Canox "Sparkler" 225 AC Stick Welder
Hobart 210 MVP MIG Welder
Harris "Spitfire" Oxy-Acetylene Set