mig and flux core tips and techniques, equipment, filler metal
texican87
    Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:55 am

ok so im a welder (not a very good one) and I want to make more money so i need to learn how to weld vertical up and make it look pretty with out it running down and without undercut.
so lets say im welding 1/4" plate with a fillet weld im using er70s6 .035 wire (im doing this at work and thats my only option) 75/25 gas and im using a millermatic 185. the reason why im asking this question is ive been trying to weld this damn thing for 2 years now and I cant make it look good.
and ive scrapped im going to say 500 to 600 pounds of crap that ive welded on. its ugly. I don't have anyone to coach me or anything please help this is keeping me up at night.
if you need more info to help me please ask
and also has anyone else had this much problem
texican87
    Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:55 am

ok so I made some progress yesterday. I ran several beads and the didnt look to bad. changed materials to 1/8"x1" 304 ss since i got more of that laying around. voltage 17, amperage 90. and i have no idea what my wire speed was. (we have a wierd wire feeder) so do these settings sound to hot or cold, and why does it seem like when you get stainless too hot it gets a burnt up look, and how do you avoid it. I tried the triangle pattern ended up with more of a sad face sort of deal.
mtm1971
    Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:28 pm

you need to spcify on the type of steel u are welding Stainless?